Plex Server runnung on HA using an external NAS

Hello,
I am currently trying to get my Plex server to play back the movies files from my NAS.
I did already mount the NAS to HA, and it’s showing up in Media-Browser. I mounted it at /media/videos.
But once I try to select the fold /media/videos in plex as a media library, no movies or sub-folders are showing up. I think it is because it is only mounted there but not actually saved on the harddrive like a movie would be which I had to transfer to it via Samba Share (which I tried and it worked).
Does anyone have a clue on how I would be able to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,
Roman

What is the hardware of your HA host ?
I’m interested in moving my plex server to my HA Blue but i’m not sure it can transcode properly…

My hardware is quite old, but is capable of one or two 1080p streams.
I’m probably adding a gpu for better transcoding later down the line but for now it works I guess.
I am using cpu transcoding on a wimpy i3 540 @ 3.7GHz (old computer from somewhere).
For that hardware one or two 1080p streams are quite good I’d say.

I see. Not possible on Odroid device i guess.

I got a pi3b with usb storage working fine so far. It’s only a few hours old though, and not much else on it.
Seems to be able to cast fine, although I have only briefly tried two streams.

Plex server in HAOS. Media mounted via usb HDD in media location. Casting to chromecasts, or playing directly on an iPad Web page.

For everyone desperately trying to mount their network shares to Plex, here is my solution: