Plugwise core and custom_component

Great: this was indeed the issue!

I un-ignored it, restarted HA Core, and after that it worked immediately without reinstalling :slight_smile:

Thanks!

RELEASE: 0.13.0:

Hi guys!

Anna is working so well for me in combination with this component (I am using the custom_component), that I decided it is time to upgrade to a full zone heating system and I bought an Adam and some Tom valves.
I want to properly heat the room where I am working (gotta work from home these days), which is not the living room where Anna is located.

As stated in the Readme of the custom_component, I should remove the integration and reinstall it pointing to Adam instead of Anna.
Had some trouble getting rid of the old integration, but finally it worked.

Now I am missing some sensors though.
sensor.anna_outside_temperature is replaced with sensor.adam_outside_temperature, which is great.
But where can I find the sensor.auxiliary_modulation_level and sensor.auxiliary_return_temperature sensors? Are they not available for Adam?
I added those sensors for Anna in a lovelace view as badges, but now they are broken.

Any idea why these sensors are not showing up?

Mm the sensors were disabled from the device/entity page.
No clue why they were disabled.

Hello, last week I installed HA and it’s great. It detected my Plugwise Adam and that all works fine. But now the number shown at the sensor.thermostatic_radiator_valve_xxxxxxxxx_valve_position is 100 times too large, it used to be ok but now it is way off. It shows 10,000% when fully open. Adam is running 3.0.28 firmware which was not updated. I could not find the version of the Plugwise integration but it should be the last version, just installed it very recently. When I check Configuration -> Integrations -> Plugwise -> Devices -> Thermostatic Radiator valve it also shows 10,000%, so it is not only at the Overview. What can I do about this??

The value returned normally is between 0.00 and 1.00 (hence we just multiply by 100 to get the %) - looks like yours is reporting (suddenly) differently than what we’d expect. Do all of them show that?

(just checked, but reference user data shows 0.00 on one and 1.00 for full open (last one linked))

Yes, I’ve got 4 installed and they all show the same huge numbers. How can I check the version of the integration software? Is there some log available to check? Thanks!!

@Wim-N I would guess you are using the HA Core Plugwise component and not the Plugwise-beta custom_component? If that is the case, please report this as an Issue in the HA Core github. This will help us to get the fix more quickly accepted.

As an alternative, you can use the Plugwise-beta custom_component. The latest version does not have this bug.

Getting the beta versions seems rather complex using HACS etc. Is it possible to install the previous version of the Plugwise integration?

Sorry no it’s not possible to roll back to a previous version of Plugwise, you will have to roll back to a previous version of Home Assistant Core to achieve what you’d want.

HACS is indeed a little complex. An alternative way would be to use the SSH-addon and then use a tool like Filezilla to copy the files to the HA Core server, via SFTP. This you would also need to do when installing HACS.
Another option is to install the Visual Studio Code addon and then create the required directories and files via the VSC-filemanager/editor.

Thanks, I guess I wait until the next release that will fix it.

Hi, last week I discover the notification binary, nice sensor is this, can forward messages from plug wise to home assistant (and the iOS app).

# notificatie plugwise
- alias: plugwise
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.adam_plugwise_notification
      to: "on"
  action:
    - service: notify.user
      data:
        title: "[Plugwise]"
          {{ state_attr('binary_sensor.adam_plugwise_notification','MESSAGE') }}
        data:
          push:
            thread-id: alarm
1 Like

We’re glad you like this sensor :slight_smile:

This evening I tried to move over from the USB version to this version. Unfortunately I’m not able to correctly add the integration, when I try to add it the pop-up closes before I can select something. I’ve checked the log-files and I found:

2021-01-07 21:15:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2021-01-07 21:15:27 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for plugwise which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2021-01-07 21:23:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration plugwise: cannot import name 'APPLIANCES' from 'plugwise.constants' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/plugwise/constants.py)
2021-01-07 21:23:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration plugwise: cannot import name 'APPLIANCES' from 'plugwise.constants' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/plugwise/constants.py)
2021-01-07 21:26:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration plugwise: cannot import name 'APPLIANCES' from 'plugwise.constants' (/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/plugwise/constants.py)

Do I need to remove something from the old installation? What is going wrong?

Yes I would suggest you to remove the old custom_component, restart Core and then install the Plugwise-beta custom_component. And then restart Core once more.
After the restart you should be able to add the Integration via the config flow.

Which version of plugwise-beta did you install?

This is exactly how I did. And with removing the old version in HACS I checked if the folder was also completely gone from the custom_components folder.

I have now installed 0.13.1

I had the same when I didn’t installed via HACS and tried the plugwise integration instead of the plugwise-beta integration. But I thought I probably need the beta because I would like to use the USB-stick support

Yes, you’ll need plugwise-beta for the USB-stick support, the support for that will be added into Core sometime later.

I looked at the errors, they look a bit strange to me.
We recently changed from using absolute imports to relative imports in our python code, and that has worked for us. But apparently not in your system.
How does you system look like? What is your installation-type? Which HA Core version are you on?

Does the problem also show up when installing v0.13.0?

I run on version 2021.1.0, with supervisior 2020.12.7 and Home Assistant OS 5.9. It is running on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and I believe a 32-bit install.

I’ll now try the v0.13.0

With v0.13.0 it is working now, I was able to add the integration now on the integration page. The popup showed and I was able to select USB and the the USB stick. With v0.13.1 there is no popup/screen from the integration loading.

Ok that’s good news.

What happens when you now upgrade to v0.13.1 and restart Core? The integration should continue to work.
Next, delete the Stick integration and restart Core. Then, try adding the Stick integration again.
Does the error then show up again?