Plugwise core and custom_component

Thank you for the quick replies! Yes, everything worked exactly how you described/asked.

Update via HACS to v0.13.1 went without issues and just did the standard HA restart and was working. Then I deleted the integration and did a complete reboot of the RPi, after everything was running again I was easily able to add the integration again.

Thanks!
Can rename the devices again and use them again in my system! Looks good again! (at the moment the only difference I can see now with the old installation is the new logo, great work!)

Thatā€™s again good news!

Iā€™ve discussed your issue with @brefa, he received a message from another user describing the same error. We think the issue is caused by the fact that the old standalone integration uses a library called plugwise and the plugwise-beta integration nowaways uses a library with the same name. When deleting the old integration that library has for some reason not been deleted from the system and when installing the new integration the new version of that library has not been properly installed.
By repeating the deletion and installation a second time, the issues has apparently resolved itself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just installed HACS, but where can I find the Plugwise beta for use with Adam. I could only find a resource for a non-beta version to be used with Circle etc.

First copy the github-URL-text from the first post of this topic.
Under HACS go to Integrations --> 3 points in right-top corner --> Custom repositories
Copy the URL into the left-bottom area where it reads: Add custom repository URL
Under Category select Integration, and press Add.

Then search again for plugwise-betaā€¦

Thanks!! The reported percentages are correct now.

FYI, the percentages-fix should be available in Core-Plugwise ā€œsoonā€. The PR fixing this has been reviewed and accepted.

Thanks, for now Iā€™m using the beta version.

Hi, changed today from beta to core, everything well but only the battery states from my toms where factor 100x, from 43% to 4300%.

Yes, this is known issue, the fix has already been accepted, we are waiting for it to be released in the next major Core update.

thanks! I see now there was already an post about this above :zipper_mouth_face:

I was playing around in HA and just discovered the integration seems to interpret the values from my Plugwise Smile wrong. My absolute offpeak meter value is 17314kWh, but this is shown as 17,314,110.0 kWH. (factor 1000 too high)

Already tried deleting and reinstalling the integration, but that changed nothing. What could cause this? Iā€™m using version 0.13.1

Please manually change the version of plugwise in the file manifest.json from 0.8.3 to 0.8.5 and then restart HA Core, that should fix this bug.

During the coming days we will be releasing plugwise-beta v0.14.0, linked to the plugwise-backend v0.9.0, containing the fix from v0.8.5 plus a large number of fixes/improvements for the USB Stick.

As Bouwe promised Iā€™ve just released the v0.14.0 beta version which will be automatically available in HACS if youā€™ve manually added our plugwise-beta repository to HACS. :slight_smile:

This release has the following updates for the legacy USB-stick

• New: Automatically accepting of joining request of new Plugwise devices if the Enable newly added entries system option is turned on (default). A notification will be popup after a new devices is joined.
  • Improved: For quicker response switch (relay) requests are handled with priority
  • Improved: Dynamically set the refresh interval based on the actual discovered devices with power measurement capabilities
  • Improved: Response messages received from Plugwise devices are now validated to their checksums.
  • Improved: Using the device_remove services will remove the devices from the device registry too.
  • Improved: Better handling of timeout issues and reduced communication messages.
  • Improved: Corrected log level assignments (debug, info, warning, errors)
  • Fixed: Missing power history values during last week of the month.
  • Fixed: Prevent a few rarely occurring communication failures.

Thanks, that worked.

Do you know how I can delete the erroneous values from InfluxDB (Grafana)? Iā€™ve seen a few posts about deleting the entire kWh measurement, but that would delete all my historical data for that specific unit.

I have installed this beta version, only he does not find all my plugs in the house in the other version (old) he found 7 only with the beta, he only finds 4 how can I solve this?

There could be multiple reasons for this:-

• When you run this integration for the first time only the devices that are discovered will be shown in Home Assistant.
  • When devices where discovered during previous startup(s) but not discovered during the latest restart they will be shown in Home Assistant as unavailable devices.
  • Battery powered devices like the Scan are not directly discoverable.
    These devices will be added automatically(or made available again) afterwards when the device send an status update.
  • When youā€™ve move around devices or the USB-stick it could take a while before the other devices notice the change and make the communication between devices happen again.
  • During the discovery at restart the device is unreachable because is it powered off
    The integration will retry discover them regularly and when it reachable again it will be added automatically, or made available again.

Do you still missing devices after a few hours?

I donā€™t know much about InfluxDB. Would it be possible to manually modify/correct the impacted database entries?

In the beta version suddenly a circle was added that is completely in the attic.
For the test I also had another one that I had lying around and put it in the vicinity of the circle +, but it was not added either

After 1.5 hours I put back the old version Plugwise USB stick that was also updated yesterday.
After having the plugwise USB stick version back, I immediately saw everything come back in after half an hour.

I want to search the Beta version all night to see what happens?

note: I have 9 circles and 1 circle + no devices with a battery

After a night all plugs are visible :smiley:

They switch quickly better than the Plugwise usb stick version in hacs

So if I understand correctly youā€™ve switched back to the Plugwise-beta v0.14.0 version and, after running it a few hours, it is working correctly now?

I just want to emphasize any change of physical location of a Plugwise device could trigger the reformation of the (zigbee based) communication between devices. It could take a couple of hours before communication gets stable and reliable again.