Plugwise Smile custom_component (BETA)

Ok thanks!

Regarding your TRV’s, are these zigbee enabled? And do these have open/close-control similar to the Plugwise Tom?

Please note: the functionality of the Plugwise Component is limited. It was made to make information from the Plugwise system available as entities in Home Assistant. So, Home Assistant is not doing any control, this is all done by the Plugwise software present in the Adam.
There is some limited manipulation of control-inputs available via Home Assisistant: you can change the temperature-setpoints of the connected thermostats, you can turn a weekschedule on and off, and you can activate presets.

What you have in mind is at the moment not possible with the Adam and the Plugwise component. From what I know, parts of what you have in mind, should be possible but require software development.

Regarding your TRV’s, are these zigbee enabled? And do these have open/close-control similar to the Plugwise Tom?

They probably would be, but part of the point of doing this with HA would be to increase flexibility so that I can integrate literally anything with the climate control system and not be limited to things the Adam would support directly.

Please note: the functionality of the Plugwise Component is limited. It was made to make information from the Plugwise system available as entities in Home Assistant. So, Home Assistant is not doing any control, this is all done by the Plugwise software present in the Adam.

Ahh, this clarifies things greatly. Fair enough. Thank you very much.

FYI, we have added initial support for the Plugwise Stretch with firmware 3.1 to Plugwise-beta.
If you have such a Stretch and are interested in helping us test, please leave a message in this topic.

If I’m not mistaken the PW Stretch 3.1 is only compatible with the newer ‘Plugs’ and not with the Circles, Shields and Scans right?

I know of two types of Stretch, with firmware 2.3.x and with firmware 3.1.11. Both support the old Circles and Stealths. We are working with the two owners of these to develop the support in Plugwise-beta (and later to be included in HA Core Plugwise).
Not sure about the Scan, the 2.3.x-owner has a Scan but that one does not function in combination with his Stretch.

The Plugs are only compatible with the Adam as far as I know: I have an Adam and 3 Plugs.

RELEASE: v0.8.1

BREAKING CHANGES:

• We’ve made Plugwise-beta more equal to Core Plugwise, unfortunately this means that you’ll have to remove your plugwise integrations before installing the update. And, after restarting HA Core, re-add them. Sorry about that but unfortunately this is needed as the last step to become fully interchangeable with Core Plugwise.
  • The P1 was given two devices while there should have been one. This is now fixed. If you follow the above recommendation you should see the single device after the update and restart.

CHANGES:

• Support the Plugwise Stretch v2 and v3
  • Support P1 with firmware 2.1
  • Support switching-groups, for the Adam with Plugs and the Stretches
  • Various improvements in the Plugwise_Smile code, among others, less data is being read from the Smiles

Please test this version and let us know if you encounter any bugs. If yes, please create an Issue in the Plugwise github.

@philipk89 FYI, your suggestion will be implemented in Plugwise_Smile v1.5.0 and will be made available as a service in Plugwise-beta v0.9.0, planned to be released after HA Core 0.115.0 has been released.

Progress-update: with all the hard work @bouwew performed over the weeks there has been much improvement! The current aim is to get all of it into HA Core as soon as possible, just go give you a heads-up on that: 0.115 will already include the ability to configure your interval time and will be paving the way with the newer version of our Smile-module towards Core support for Stretch-es as well.

Already accepted for 0.116 is our testing PR (so if you like to submit a patch straight towards HA Core, you can test the waters :slight_smile:) - do note that we’re happy to invite you to our github-team to develop for the Smile-module and beta custom-component! This will ensure having lots of friendly users to test your code first.

Also submitted for 0.116 is the ability (for those of you with creative/remote Smiles) to add a port number when configuring manually. Speaking of configuring manually, when doing so you should no longer see the ‘discovered Smile’ still popping up (or having to ignore it) in 0.116, we patched that and it has been accepted.

Bouwes’ progress on both notifications- and stretch-support are almost ready to go into PRs - as the Core-team has a lot of PRs to review this may take some time. If you have some spare time and want to give back to the community, just leave your comment or review a PR (or two, or three …). It really helps the Core team and ensures newer functionality can be included sooner. Have a look a the second column (dubbed Review) at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/projects/4 pick one and leave your constructive thoughts!

Anyway, kudos to Bouwe for his efforts and many thanks to those testing and providing feedback!

1 Like

RELEASE: v0.9.1

The new release is meant for Core v0.115, for the older versions the sensors don’t work due to an under-the-hood-change in Core.
Also, a service has been added: plugwise.delete_notification, so now the Plugwise Notification(s) can be dismissed from within Core.
And, adding a port-number has been adapted to the Core-standard-way of doing things.

1 Like

Is there support for adam with firmware 3.2.2?

No, we are not aware of a v3.2.2 for the Adam?
Was your Adam updated to that version?

Are you using Plugwise-beta or Core Plugwise?

Used the core, but it doesnt work anymore with 3.2.2

This update comes with the new firmware for tom, better battery life etc

Oh, Core will take some time to fix. But you can use Plugwise-beta instead, once I have updated Plugwise-beta to v0.9.3

RELEASE: v0.9.3 - Accept minor-version updates
Unknown (to the codeowners) minor new versions, like the Adam v3.2.2 firmware, don’t break the integration anymore.
Hopefully these unknown, new versions don’t break anything, if they do, please let us know here. Or via an Issue in the HA Core github or the Plugwise-beta github.

Thanks, tried today this beta and it discover the Adam. Alle devices are found.

1 Like

@ViperRNMC, the fix for the firmware-issue will be available in Core 0.115.4 I’m told.

I have installed another Tom in a second room, the Tom shows his setpoint but dont gives the room temperature. I only get the message waiting for measurement. How can i fix this issue

Anything in the log files? (http(s)://{yourha}/config/logs)

Let’s start with the obvious questions:

• is your question about the Tom in HA or about the Tom on the Plugwise Adam website?
  • has the new Tom been set up on the Plugwise Adam website and it is showing on that website as a separate thermostat is a separate room?
  • did you reload the Plugwise integration or did you restart HA when the Tom had been set up on the Plugwise Adam website?

must be me, but in the core repo, I see all closed and merged PR’s but in 115.5 there’s still no dedicated icon for the percentage modulation…
Not that it’s a matter of L&D, and appreciating all the work going into other developments. But still…