Plugwise Smile custom_component (BETA)

Is there support for adam with firmware 3.2.2?

No, we are not aware of a v3.2.2 for the Adam?
Was your Adam updated to that version?

Are you using Plugwise-beta or Core Plugwise?

Used the core, but it doesnt work anymore with 3.2.2

This update comes with the new firmware for tom, better battery life etc

Oh, Core will take some time to fix. But you can use Plugwise-beta instead, once I have updated Plugwise-beta to v0.9.3

RELEASE: v0.9.3 - Accept minor-version updates
Unknown (to the codeowners) minor new versions, like the Adam v3.2.2 firmware, don’t break the integration anymore.
Hopefully these unknown, new versions don’t break anything, if they do, please let us know here. Or via an Issue in the HA Core github or the Plugwise-beta github.

Thanks, tried today this beta and it discover the Adam. Alle devices are found.

1 Like

@ViperRNMC, the fix for the firmware-issue will be available in Core 0.115.4 I’m told.

I have installed another Tom in a second room, the Tom shows his setpoint but dont gives the room temperature. I only get the message waiting for measurement. How can i fix this issue

Anything in the log files? (http(s)://{yourha}/config/logs)

Let’s start with the obvious questions:

• is your question about the Tom in HA or about the Tom on the Plugwise Adam website?
  • has the new Tom been set up on the Plugwise Adam website and it is showing on that website as a separate thermostat is a separate room?
  • did you reload the Plugwise integration or did you restart HA when the Tom had been set up on the Plugwise Adam website?

must be me, but in the core repo, I see all closed and merged PR’s but in 115.5 there’s still no dedicated icon for the percentage modulation…
Not that it’s a matter of L&D, and appreciating all the work going into other developments. But still…

The PR forthcoming from that issue has long been in Core, so might be something else if it’s still not the way you’d like it to be. In lighter terms, you are aware that you can change everything from name up to icons from the integrations page? I.e. go to /config/integrations, click on the integration/devices link en then the desired entity to change?

You can also fully rename all entities (i.e. shown for Anna, but if i’d like to rename that to CoolThermo, i could) by clicking on the cog-wheel right-top and then change the name?

See screenies

Change entity details (such as icon):

Change name of all entities under device using cogwheel

(Just thinking out loud: It might be it is fixed, but will not change if the integration isn’t setup again?)

The fix you are waiting for is a part of the open PR for adding support for the Stretch.

If you want the fix now, use plugwise-beta. You can just install it and restart HA Core, that’s all. No need to remove and add the integration anymore. And you can switch back to Core Plugwise in the same way: uninstall plugwise-beta and restart HA.

ok thanks, don’t have a stretch, and will await the merger of the PR. Don’t want betas on my production system :wink:

A bit silly such a small thing has to wait soo long, but hey, I’ve customized it for now…

Ok, well, if nobody is willing to test the beta-code, beta-code will end up in your production-system anyway…

1 Like

Gm, I will test the Beta code! if possible.

Yes please, we prefer to find bugs before we upstream. So we avoid issues like with the Core logging in 0.116.1 :frowning:
But the three of us (welcome @brefa!) only cover a part of the existing functionality out there.
Ok, we probably cover a major part but not everything.

So, your testing efforts , and others, are very much appreciated!

RELEASE v0.10.4: Set preset HOME when activating HEAT-MODE ( by clicking the flame-icon), when being in the new OFF-MODE.
RELEASE v0.10.3: Add OFF-mode, setting the schedule to OFF and preset to AWAY.
These were implemented as feature-requests.

A question to you: do you think these features should make it into HA Core Plugwise?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Before this release the were some more, unreported releases:

v0.9.4: Fix hvac_action = null when there is no local heating/cooling device (city-heating)
v0.10.0: Fixes for Adam in combination with city-heating: based on the status of the valves a general heating-active indicator is generated
v0.10.1: Allow seamless switching between Core and beta
v0.10.2: Change code-structures - be prepared for Stick integration

Expected: v0.11.0: Adding support for the Plugwise Stick.

I hope if I don’t find any bugs :smile:

As we’ve now (in BETA) merged the custom_components, we’d like to continue in the Plugwise core and custom_component topic. See you all there!