Pollen/Allergy Sensor

The new ClimaCell integration has today’s Tree/Grass/Weed pollen count included.

Hey Aaron,

While it appears that you have not been on here for a while I wanted to reach out and see if you where ever able to complete the "pollen.com sensor " integration. I placed with my config file

platform: pollen
  zip_code: 80919
  monitored_conditions:
    - allergy_average_forecasted
    - allergy_average_historical
    - allergy_index_today
    - allergy_index_tomorrow
    - allergy_index_yesterday
    - disease_average_forecasted```

but I am getting this error message ```Platform error sensor.pollen - Integration 'pollen' not found.```

I also tried to use the template that NotoriousBDG/itchaboy/Wheezy shared a few post above yours and that too does not work. I have check the site today and it is up and operational. Are you able to take a look at this and see what might be the issue?

@TMidi Quite a lot has changed since this topic first started. pollen.com information is now provided by the IQVIA integration.

Hi @bachya

I just tried IQVIA integration, and got this error (looks like a timeout, after seeing spinning wheel for ~30 sec)

Aborted
Service is already configured

checking log seeing

Logger: homeassistant.components.iqvia
Source: helpers/update_coordinator.py:212
Integration: IQVIA (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:00:17 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:00:17 PM

Error fetching 95050 allergy_outlook data:

How should I debug this?

p.s. I have HACS installed for Dysan cloud+local…

What HASS version do you have?

If it’s just pollen you want…

1 Like

|Integration version:|1.11.3|
|Frontend version:|20210214110032|

That doesn’t tell me the HA Core version. That said, that front end version is pretty old, so I’d recommend upgrading.

My HA Core is latest.

The other version is HACS (sorry, my mistake), which I will update (not sure if it supports to auto upgrade itself…)

Version	core-2021.5.5
Installation Type	Home Assistant OS
Development	false
Supervisor	true
Docker	true
Virtual Environment	false
Python Version	3.8.9
Operating System Family	Linux
Operating System Version	5.4.83-v7l
CPU Architecture	armv7l
Timezone	America/Los_Angeles

I uninstalled HACS and try IQVIA again, it still failed w/ timeout.

I finally got it to work with the latest HA release. Sometimes it takes a day for sensors to get a value.

I use the API from tomorrow.io here in Holland. Recommended.

7 Likes

Could you post the yaml to this?
I like your sliders for pollen.
This is what I have currently:

It would be nice to have a forecast like you have, but I don’t think there is anything for the states that has that level of detail in the forecast.

Hello Glenn,

I have upload my pollen configuration files to my Yandex Disk.

Please use the link below to access them.

1 Like

Read most of this, still not found a working solution for UK pollen.

Accuweather doesn’t seem to have pollen for UK
MetOffice doesn’t have pollen
DarkSky doesn’t have pollen
TheWeatherNetwork doesn’t have pollen for UK
Climacell looked most promising, but the data returned makes no sense. Only time it showed anything other than none was at 2330 to 0230 when it changed to very low. Currently showing none, but other websites mainly show very high.

Has anyone got anything working for UK?

Thank you
:slight_smile:

1 Like

same issue for me, the sensors just aren’t often updated for my UK location, or are set to ‘none’

Hello @kerz1954, would be interested to have a look at your configuration as I can get data from climacell (tomorrow.io) and everything seems filled out. but all the pollen information states “none”.
At this minute I have fully abandoned Ambee integration as I am a bit worried what this might cost in the end. (I know I asked in a different post about the Ambee integration and the “invalid key” error, but that has become irrelevant).

Thanks,

Hello Wim, I’ve stopped using both integrations. Ambee because I know longer have access to the data and tomorrow.io because trees do not pollinate in the summer, but weeds do. There data does not work very well in Europe. Before I waste your time and mine, please indicate which country you are based in. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello, I live in the Netherlands. And since you mentioned you living there as well earlier in this post I figured it made sense to try and ask :slight_smile:
Thanks,

1 Like

So any idea what to use for pollen in europe that is working fine?

2 Likes