Pool alarm?

Does anyone know of a pool alarm system for kids/pets that integrates with HA? I’m finding very few options with any “smart” features at all, surprisingly.

Describe the pool setup. In Ground, Above Ground, Fence around pool, etc…

Above ground, accessible from an attached deck.

A monitored physical blockade would be best. (ex: monitored gate position, with a backup monitor)

I don’t see any off the shelf solutions that are incorporated into HA.

Some ideas

1. I’m not sure if this would work but perhaps a z-wave vibration/tilt sensor (Set to it’s highest sensitivity) in a water proof float case.

2. I’m not sure if this would work due to evaporation and rain, but a z-wave water sensor, set close to the water level of the pool. You may be able to extend one sensing stud into the water, while the other just above the water level.

Possibly incorporate #2 into a floating device to help deal with water level changes due to evaporation and rain.

i just came across this
https://www.amazon.com.au/Lifebuoy-Pool-Alarm-System-Application/dp/B07DJVWVF8

Maybe a camera with motion detection. Simplest and highest durability as it is not in the water.

@Rob_H: Did you ever solved this?

Since I have a Zigbee network, I’m thinking of making one with a Vibration Sensor, placed in a waterproof bag that I’ll place in a 3D print a buoy.

It would need to be able to adjust the sensitivity and support Zigbee. I’ll try out the Aqara Vibration Sensor: Smart Vibration Sensor - Aqara

No, I never found a solution I was happy with and my puppy grew up so I don’t have a need for it anymore.