Pool Monitor Device Yieryi BLE-YC01

I wonder where exactly to put the superglue on the lid. around the opening for the LCD, on the inside? Or on the outside where the label is?

I tried the silicone in the shaft. Especially where the cable went was quite a whole. However, since then, I have the impression that the temperature readings are extremely unreliable. They wander around and don’t conform to other thermometers anymore…

On the outside would be my suggestion. Where the top label meets the screw top.

Ok. I tried some Uhu Allplast, let’s see…

So far, it’s holding up well! So it seems some glue around the lid, and silicone in the shaft can really make a difference. Readings have been stable for days now. The intial temperature fluctuation after applying the silicone is now also gone.

Furthermore, taking readings only every 30s has stabilized battery a lot. I’m now one month on the same set of batteries, and I’m down to 77% (after the adjustment I described above), which seems quite reasonable.

This is the way!

Here is a simple solution to avoid floating device exposed to leakages

EDIT: Link to thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6414514

2 Likes

Is it possible to configure also with :
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005005048039871.html

Bumping up

I have the same issue with mine. After a few hours, I need to manually power on the device in order to get it connected to my ESP32. It’s really annoying. Someone have a solution?

As it uses BT then probably yes, but you may need to do some coding.

what do you mean?

Well as you can see from reading the thread, some coding was needed for the ble-yc01. Whether that will need to be changed is unknown to me.

I believe I read somewhere they use the same protocol. It may have a different model number. The bluetooth proxy integration I wrote needs the model number (BLE-YC01) to find the unit on the BT network. The ESPHome version should work without it. Either way, you can try it and if it does not work, we can go from there. If it only requires changing a model number, should be easy. If the protocol is different, then not even I will be able to figure it out. I only ported an ESPHome integration to native home assistant.

1 Like

Hi. Do you have an STL for this?

Thanks for this integration @jaaem. It is working quite well. I see that you have upgraded from 0.1 to 0.2. Can you let us know what changed?

On his repo it says “Update for Default HACS Repo”

Maybe it’s now in the official HACS? And no custom repository needed anymore?

Yeah, just saw that… thanks

Nothing changed. I am trying to add it into the default HACS repository. To do that, you need to add checks, then once they pass, make a new release. It is still not in the default repo, it is a slow process.

2 Likes

Hi, already edited the post with the link included

2 Likes

I have the same problem about how to disable “auto shut-off mode”. Have you figured out?