Pool monitoring devices?

I’d like to monitor my pool for

1. Temperature
  2. (Optionally) chemical levels, like chlorine and PH.

I’ve looked around Amazon and AliExpress for such devices, but the available options are quite restricted and none of them look tested with HA.

I’d prefer Zigbee devices.

I’ve found this device https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005006042351560.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.11.b16c1802eTsqso&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp but I wouldn’t purchase it unless it’s fully reviewed and tested by the community. It’s an expensive purchase :frowning:

I hope we can elaborate a list with devices for swimming pools so everybody could choose with confidence.

Thanks!

1 Like

I went looking for something similar, and decided in the end I’d use a temperature sensor on an ESP8266, and those test strips for everything else.

Ali is weak on details, so like you said you’d need some outside source for info and reviews. All the chemical sensors (PH, Chlorine/Bromine, etc.) I found had components which needed to be replaced on a regular basis. Without a guaranteed source for those, from a reliable manufacturer, the whole device could become obsolete. And if I’m using disposable parts anyway, the test strips are just as easy and a lot cheaper.

Still, if that device on Ali does what it claims, that’s not really a bad price, as those things go. Unfortunately my spa is usually covered, so solar power is not an option for me.

2 Likes

I came to same conclusion in the end

I also plan to add esp pressure sensor since this gives clue to when backwash or Filter cleaning is needed

1 Like

Thanks for your comments. Can I ask you how is your setup for the temp sensor?

Thanks for the info. I’m not familiar with that device. How is it used? Is there a tutorial for this particular use case? I mean, the pool temperature measurement.

Hi, have you searched for similar topics here on the forum?

There are a few active ones and I think all of you will benefit not to start a new/your own topic.
Just my 2c.