Pop up notification

Not sure if this is possible but I am using a lot of these custom buttons (https://github.com/custom-cards/button-card) and was wondering if there is any custom integration/plugin that will display a quick notification on the screen saying the service has been called when I click a button for example, then it just fades away (like the Windows notifications)
Anything like that exists?

You could call a script that pops up a notification using browser mod, runs the service, waits a delay then dismisses the pop-up with browser mod.

The close pop-up service is a bit of an indiscriminate shotgun approach though. you might be better off with:

The optional parameter auto_close: true will make the popup close automatically when the mouse is moved or a key is pressed on the keyboard. This also removes the header bar.
The optional parameter time: (only useable if auto_close: true is also set) will turn the popup into a “screensaver”. See the blackout command below.

1 Like

There’s also a toast notification in browser_mod that i use for this.
grafik

1 Like

Yes I believe the toast will do exactly what I need.
Two questions:

1. I have 3 tablets running the HA frontend so I guess I need 3 device_ids? Can I get that from Fully as I don’t have Chrome on them?
  2. How do I call the toast from a custom button which already calla service?
service: browser_mod.toast
service_data:

that’s what I need to add for the toast and here is my button config:

tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: homeassistant.turn_off
      service_data:
        entity_id: group.all_int_ext_lights
  1. You don’t need deviceID’s for the toast service

Display a toast notification on all devices.

1. Put your service call for the lights group and for the toast in a script and call this script with the button.