Popp Zigbee Smart Thermostat

I have RP 4 with Popp Zigbee Shield.
I can work with Zigbee devices so its correctly installed and working.

The Popp Smart Thermostat Zigbee (POPZ701721)
After adding the device its unavailable after a while.

Anyone have successful been working with this device or should I use a different Zigbee bridge ?

Hello,

I’m interesed in the compatibility of POPZ701721 in Home Assistant too.

Any returns ?

Thanks.

Works great now after firmware update of shield

Sorry for the bump up, but cant find any info about the Zigbee POPP Thermostat. And I think its looks good for the price. Its a bummer they are all need 2 AA battery`s instead of a rechargeable accu.
But my questions are:

1. How great is it? Can you see and edit all the values through HA.
  2. What is the battery life?
  3. Do you use it through Zigbee2MQTT or ZHA?
  4. How is the sound noise?

I have the same questions as MrDutchstyler.
I am a newbee with Home Assistant and i want to buy a smart Thermostat valve (radiatorknop) but it s hard to choose the right one because of all the variables to choose from (good reviews are nice but if there are no blueprints i can use as a startingpoint then i wil get lost in the HA world :wink:

1 Like

@MrDutchstyler @robbyness

I just got a Popp Smart Thermostat Zigbee (POPZ701721)!

1. You can. I had a bad experience with ZHA, see the first post here: Danfoss Ally eTRV entities - almost no values get exposed and I could not get the thermostat working via ZHA. Zigbee2MQTT worked well!

2. I don’t know yet

3. I use it with Zigbee2MQTT and it works really well so far! Zigbee2MQTT even told me that there was a new firmware for my Popp thermostat and I think I am now running version 1.18 - so the same version as the Danfoss Ally TRV. After updating I had to delete the device and re-add it so that the correct (new) firmware was shown. See here: firmware update gone wrong (Dannfoss Ally thermostat) · Issue #14006 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

4. I think it’s rather quiet? It’s not cold enough that it had to move the motor much so far.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm, that External Room Measurement also works with the Popp Thermostat in the same way it works with the Danfoss Ally?

External temperature sensor is working for me with POPP 701721

1 Like

ZHA users should submit such issue(s) as Device support request with device signature, etc. to ZHA Device Handlers → https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues/

The reason why is explained in this ZHA docs section here → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#zha-exception-and-deviation-handling

I have a POPP also, I use this blueprint to inject the external sensor temperature. external_measured_room_sensor is correctly updated, but the eTRV does not react neither in covered nor in uncovered mode. Only change in current_temperature triggers a change in pi_heating_demand.

Does it work for you? Do you do something else than feeding external_measured_room_sensor ?

Thanks !

You need to set radiator_covered to true

I have the same TRV and cannot add it, anybody has an idea?