Post Etcher questions

I had been trying to get a new HomeAssistant system (configured as Home Assistant Core), on a Raspberry Pi 3, running, but with essentially no luck. The issue I was having is that I couldn’t get hass to run after rebooting the computer. So, I figured I would try installing some add-ons, but that didn’t work either. I looked around and found this: Help. Redirect is not supported - #2 by billkater, in which one respondent wrote “there is NO ability to install add-ons with this method of installation”.

So, I downloaded the latest version of Balena Etcher, installed it, and I was able to access Home Assistant. I then successfully installed the ‘Terminal and SSH’ add-on. My two questions are these:

1. What must I do to enable/use the WiFi? One of the reasons I had initially tried the Core method is that I am comfortable with Linux and knew what to do.

2. I want to install ESPHome and this page Getting Started with ESPHome and Home Assistant — ESPHome has one click on a link. When I did this previously, I was able to access the Raspberry Pi (directly and via Remote Desktop), run a browser, and click this link. What do I do now?