Posterfy - A Movie Lover's Digital Poster

So, I had this extra 27in monitor and Raspberry Pi 3b+ sitting around, and I got the itch to make something. I have seen other digital poster concepts, but I wanted something that would help me learn more about HA development. Posterfy is the result.

In short, Posterfy is a webapp that displays movie poster art and media player status information. Currently, it rotates thru “Coming Soon”, “Now Playing” and “Streaming Now” movie art. Basically, it’s a dashboard that shows data from two primary HA entities: A media player and a sensor. The sensor is a custom component that stores the retrieved movie data.

The project is very early, and has lots of places to improve upon. I plan to mount my extra monitor on the wall (like a poster) outside my home movie room.

My hope is that others find this project helpful. Any comments or contributions are welcome!

2 Likes

This looks interesting, is it possible to add more information about how to install this thing?
What info does the custom component need for example? I have installed through HACS but now I am stuck at the configuration.yaml because I don’t know which info it is looking for. I suppose the TMDB api key but what else? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

did you figure this out

Any updates on this?