(Potential NSpanel alternative) Anyone have more information on this device?

Anyone know anything about this device?
It looks like a potentially interesting alternative to the NS panel, but I can’t find any other information about it online. (Just the same add from a few sellers, but can’t locate the OG source or a proper spec sheet.)

The specs that are provided (cheap, esp32-s3 and capacitive display) make it appealing (at least to me) for a variety of use cases.

Sorry if there is already a discussion on this device somewhere, no idea how I’d search for that. If there is, let me know and I’ll delete this post!

1 Like

Buy it and try it. Its not that expensive.

2 Likes

Hi, have you tried this device? It really looks as nicer alternative to NSPanel.

It seems to be based on GT911 platform: gt911 Touch Screen Controller — ESPHome

Yeah I recognized it on the list of new supported devices in the last esphome update. Forgot to update this post. Thanks. And no, haven’t bought one yet, if I need a new touch screen panel for a wall I might look into it again. However, with all the support/projects for the NsPanel, it might still be the better option. Hopefully this panel will also get some love from the community.

This thing does not fit in a standard 60 mm switch box in case anyone was wondering.

Maybe because it is made for a standard 86mm switch box?

Yes, that might be the reason. :slight_smile:

But since there are wall panels that fit (Shelly, Sonoff, Lanbon, Golden Security) this is a bit of a surprise.

Just as a heads up the Guition ESP32-S3-4848S040 is now supported in Openhasp and therefore Home Assistant.
Firmware is currently in beta https://nightly.openhasp.com/

First impressions make this screen an interesting option.