Power Strip with power meter working locally

I am looking for a power strip which:

• have 3+ separately controlled sockets and at least one USB socket
  • have a power meter (the best if separately for every one socket but one for all is minimum)
  • works on WiFi or Zigbee
  • works locally (internet independent, no cloud solutions)
  • works out of the box or could be easily flashed with ESPHome

I am using Gosund P1 power strips for a few years. They had a bad habit of switching off for milliseconds but I tolerated it. Now it’s time for a new power strip and I wonder if there is any market progress in that field.

Additionally, I heard that newer P1’s could have problems with ESP flashing since Tuya cleared some gaps in software and ended the use of ESP chips.
And I heard that Zigbee power strips sometimes have power metering inaccuracy issues. Which are in that case hard to calibrate.

Any hint or only DIY?

1 Like

I use KASA HS300

Isn’t it via TP-Link cloud only?

(and not for EU market; I did not mentioned in needs but info may be useful for others)

2 Likes

My bad. I do know that they do respond to local because they work with Sense and Sense detects them…just do not know if the have anything for EU. Good luck, though.

I have the same ‘need’ as the OP, and came across this post: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/eu-powerstrip-with-energy-monitoring/401416 mentioning Hihome products, using local Tuya.
I’m considering having a try (and will gladly report back with any findings)
FWIW, I’m in EU too.

Can’t wait for report field test report. Especially I am not a big fan of Local Tuya but maybe the market is narrowing and there will be no other choice temporarily.

Old post here but I have a few HS300 and only pull data via HA with local and no cloud. There was an issue a major release or two but it was fixed quickly and was due to the upstream python project for KASA.

1 Like