Powerwall Integration Help (newbie)

Hi, I’m new to Home Assistant and came across it looking for a way to display my Tesla Powerwall status on screens around my home. I am having trouble trying to get a Powerwall integration up and running. I was able to connect using my local IP but the all the sensors weren’t visible to use in a energy dashboard. I then had my Gateway 2 replaced as it went faulty. I now cannot connect/login using the two local IP address (that show as Tesla on my local network) along with the last 5 digits of my password. I have also tried the full password without success.

I then downloaded a custom integration and connected using a token. However when I try to setup the sensors on the energy dashboard I only see one sensor and that reports as an unexpected device class -

'Unexpected device class
The following entities do not have the expected device class:

• sensor.my_house_2_battery_remaining (battery)’

I’m completely new to all this and now at a lose. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

If the sensors exist then they are not configured correctly. To do this, you would have to search for the sensor under Developer tool/Conditions. Enter the name of the entity. The sensor must not output the values ​​in watts and must look like this for the attributes.

Thank you for your reply. The sensors are set to W and Power. I have tried to change teh values to kWh and energy but the values won’t save. If I leave the page and re-check they go back to the previous settings. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again

Steve

You need to create a helper sensor with Riemann Sum Integral Sensor, Left Riemann Sum and create the sensor there.

Again thank you for your reply. I created a new sensor but I don’t know how to define the State_Class it defaults to total and I assume it needs to be measure to read the current solar live generation.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

And it still isn’t working? I see my working sensors here all have state_class: total, also done with Riemann Sum Integration (although they’re for device spent power, not inputting to a battery like yours).

Hi,
Maybe you can help me: i have problems to login with the ip address from the gateway (found in my FRITZ!Box) and the password. wether the 5 last letters nor the whole password is working. How do you connect you Powerwall? Thank you in advance
Best Martin

May I ask why you recommend the “Left Riemann Sum”, rather than “Trapezoidal” or “Right”, please?

EDIT: Found this in the documentation:

In case you expect that your source sensor will provide several subsequent values that are equal, you should opt for the left method to get accurate readings.