Prana 150 recuperators

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone managed to get working the prana-rc and prana integration in HA. I have tried to follow the instructions from the developer here:

and here

Unfortunately the instructions are quite unclear and I cannot get the integration working. It complains that it cannot connect to the prana rc server.

In the prana-rc instructions it mentions to install the required module using pip and then moves to the docker instructions. I was trying to do this with pip and avoid messing with docker since I don’t understand what it does. However, it appears that after installing prana-rc with pip there is an extra step I am missing to actually turn on the prana-rc server.

Has anyone stumbled across this?

Cheers

Hi,
finally i have found someone with prana and HA.

I tried to install the corvis gihub.
I have installed the server prana_rc without docker on a CT on proxmox running ubuntu.
I have also installed the repository in hacs for the integration but when i insert the ip on the server i get error.

Did u find a solution?

Thanks

The only one I got working reliably is this one from github: GitHub - alextud/ha-prana: Prana recuperators (fan) for Home Assistant

The trouble is that not all the functions work properly. For example when you turn it on it starts on a sort of auto setting. Then if you want to set it to only extract the air you have to do it manually from a setting that I have no clue how to automate. This puts it in a state where you can only extract or bring in air from the outside. But you cannot set it to extract and blow with different speeds. That is not possible

No idea how to solve that. I have contacted the author and he said he is looking into it but so far nothing.

After I installed the corvis version I couldn’t get it working and gave up. Then I realised it was probably due to the bluetooth connection but by then I have removed it. When i tried again with docker I couldn’t get it working anymore. The instructions are very cryptic and there aren’t many users to push more info.

1 Like

I tried again after more than one year but still no integration working.

Me and other users are open to pay for having this integration working…

1 Like

I just managed to get prana 150 working with prana_rc running on raspberry zero. Had little BT hassle, need to remember to run the server and from time to time need to do discovery to resume reading of values.
I’m not doing writes though through the integration.

The wifi version is actually communicating over mqtt - one day smbdy could add mqtt integration. I also wonder if non-wifi maybe actually has the same esp32 chip inside and it’s a software restriction on not having wifi in?

1 Like

so you can see the state of the recuperator via bluetooth but you cannot send commands?

can you post how you did it?

sudo apt-get install bluez
pip install prana-rc[server-tornado]

sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/bluetooth.target.wants/bluetooth.service
added --noplugin at the end here:
ExecStart=/usr/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd --noplugin=sap

sudo nano /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
added this line (was dual by default)
ControllerMode = le

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

Check BT status
systemctl status bluetooth

Remember to run this one
prana http-server

Then this gives all the prana devices it was able to discover
curl -X POST -H "Accept: application/json" http://<YOUR_IP>:8881/ -d '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "prana.discover" }'

and this reads the data
curl -X POST -H "Accept: application/json" http://<YOUR_IP>:8881/ -d '{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method": "prana.get_state", "params": {"address": "<DEVICES_MAC>"} }'

i am struggling trying to make it work on a VM debian on proxmox, unfortunately it soesn’t work. i have tons of esp32 around the house would be great to try to make the recuperators wifi. I open them and i figured out there is a pin out soldered on the PCB…