Pre Announcement: HADasboard v2!

With appdaemon sky’s the limit. :wink: I would really like both possibilities depending on situation. But as I wrote haven’t tested the dashboard at all yet so I don’t know all of its intended usages yet

OK, I added it to the list - it would be easy to write a widget that AppDaemon could send messages to to change the widget (or from HA as well for that matter). You can already do it from HA with 2 states, if you want more I’ll look at a generalization of the binary idea.

1 Like

Great! Thanks Andrew!

Eagerly awaiting your public beta!

/R

Would love to contribute a modest CSS skin or two. This is my current dashboard with my CSS changes.

17 Likes

That looks awesome!

Consider yourself signed up as the official skins man - I am rubbish at look and feel :slight_smile:

I’ve kept the css layouts virtually identical - I just added code to pick up different css on a per dashboard basis. I also just added in the ability to use MDI icons at @rpitera’s suggestion.

Thermostat control (or input slider) would be awesome.

Already on the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

if it is finished every entity or element from HA should be possible to see or control.

1 Like

as someone fairly new to HA and only just got occusim via AppDaemon working, I would love to try this out!

I’m definitely down!! I currently use the 3 dashboard around my home to make it easier for my not so tech savvy family and in-laws (which at times seems a little often looking back… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). Besides, no better way to annoy the hell outta my husband!

1 Like

OMG - I’m aroused by this.

1 Like

This is bloody beautiful.

Definitely up for a Beta, good timing too as I’m planning on a clean test install on something slightly beefier than a pi over the weekend.

As a fairly new user, are my only prerequisites in order to prepare for this dashboard, to install and learn AppDeamon? Anything else? I think this will be fantastic!

I /wanted/ to like the old HADashboard, but it was so awkward compared to everything else. I wanted to like AppDaemon… and DID like it very much :slight_smile:

Oh my, now you’re putting the peanut butter and chocolate together? I’m so in.

1 Like

The new dashboard will require an AppDaemon install yes, but you don’t need to learn anything about Apps if you don’t want to - there will be some simple file based config for the dashboards is all.

Happy to be a tester! Cheers.

If You need more testers, I’m here, too :slight_smile:

Thanks all - I’ll post an announcement when I am ready.

2 Likes