Prepping for 0.107.0

Can you show the warning please?

I also got the message about hide_if_away and finally found it in known_devices.yaml. I also use VSCode and the search function did not find it.

Then you need to adjust how you search for it. I just tested it on my machine and it found it after a few seconds in known_devices.yaml.
When you click on the three dots next to the search field press on the small cog wheel next to “files to exclude”

1 Like

Did that, removed all the excludes to check.
I did find some in known_devices.yaml a while ago and deleted those then, still get the warning in the log no though. I’ve deleted it now, I’ll paste it when it pops up again

Sorry to hijack, quick question about VSC. Anyone know what checkbox / option to de-select to have it STOP SHOWING this stupid suggestions lightbox/popup?

I went into settings to try to find it, but there are literally 40 different options, thought asking might be faster. Thank you!

Hi I have the same issue. This shows up for me anytime I run a “Check Config”:
The 'hide_if_away' option (with value 'False') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107.0

Yes, same message here, when I do config check

The ‘hide_if_away’ option (with value ‘False’) is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.107.0
7:26 PM helpers/config_validation.py (WARNING) - message first occurred at 7:26 PM and shows up 3 times

Did you check known_devices.yaml?

Oh yes, first thing a couple of weeks ago in 0.105 when I first started seeing this warning.
Back then I did have hide_if_away configuration parameters in that file, but I have removed them all, triple checked :slight_smile: …that’s why its a mystery to me why I still get the warning :anguished:

Where do you find 0.107.0?

I have that issue as well. Got the warning “hide_if_away” after each config_check even I removed all entries from known_devices.
@shauder There is no 107 available. We just get warnings when checking the config after having changed something in the code or configuration.

I found it too on known_devices.yaml, but not once, I think that every time I restart HA there are some BT devices found that get into known_devices with that option set. I have disabled the BT and BLE device trackers and that option is not set anywhere. So I’m afraid it’s internal to HA. I understand that the developers have deprecated it, but someone should look at why it’s appearing, I think.

In my case there are too many BT devices around that get into my known devices list, and I cannot find a way to stop it.

Edit. Well, it’s not true that I disabled the BT and BLE device trackers. I have “track_new_devices: false”. Just to clarify…