Presence Detection one device with two MAC addresses

Hi

I am using Tomato for Presence Detection. My devices is showing up but I want to have double MAC addresses for some devices because our laptops sometimes connected with WiFi or LAN. Is it possible to have two MAC address on one device?

I have tried to just add one new line with name mac2: But that doesn’t seem to work.

I think you’d have to put it in as a separate instance, twice. But I think you could assign the same friendly name to both devices as long as you call it in any scripts via the proper device name.

Two mac addresses is not currently supported.

Thanks for the answer. At least I know now.

You can make 2 instances of the device and each with 1 MAC address.

I have a laptop with two wifi adapters and depending on what adapter I am using it will generate a new entry in the known_devices.

I use the same for BT and WIFI. The phones are motorized by BT and WIFI. WIFI has a better range, but from time to time I switch it of and I still want to be present in order not to trigger some scripts.

Will this not show up as two devices in HA? Can I use the same Friendly name or how would
you set it up?

computer:

name: Computer

mac: 80:86:F2:AA:BB:C1

computer1:

name: Computer

mac: 80:86:F2:AA:BB:C2

You could try 2 devices which are in 1 group

Then track presence or interract with the group, which has a status of at home if either is online and away only if neither is online per my understanding

I have not tried this yet, but seems to make sense for me - depends on what you are trying to do with that information in the system though

Yes they will show up as two devices. About the name I guess it is possible, you should try it. I am using different names.