Presence sensor LD2410 missing some sensore values

Hi,
I’m wondering why ESPhome is creating extra data points for my LD2410 pressens sensor, the sensor data that is add in the dash board does not yeld any data.
I did see this as an error and have tried to debug it.

The extra sensor data point (the one that are not showing data) are not defined in the YAML or the libery ld2410_uart.h.

I’m new to this ESPhome but have tried to debug/understand the logic on the sensore data that are shown in the dash boad after adding it.

Set up:
ESP8266 conected to the LD2410 (Rx Tx +5v,G)
d1_mini
by Espressif
Firmware: 2023.7.1 (Aug 16 2023, 00:18:23)

Code/configuration:
Im using this GitHub - rainchi/ESPHome-LD2410: ESPHome LD2410 mmWave Radar Sensor Custom Component
YAML configuration and ld2410_uart.h code, changed uart1 to uart_1 there was not alowed to be used.

I dod get sensore data but not all som are missing data-

Sensor data that works and gives data all are defined in the yaml:

• Detect Distance
  • Has Moving Target
  • Has Still Target
  • Has Target
  • Last Command Success
  • Moving Target Distance
  • Moving Target Energy
  • Still Target Distance
  • Still Target Energ

No sensor data! and not in the yaml or the ld2410_uart.h code-?

• Moving Target
  • Still Target
  • Detection Distance
  • Move Energy
  • Moving Distance
  • Still Distance
  • Still Energy

Is this just a normal behaviure of the ESPhome, that it creates new sensore data for the dashboard, and I shoud just remove the sensore data that does not yeld any data from the dasboard?
I like to know if im missing some sensor data from the LD2410
I looked at the custom logic handlePeriodicData function in the ld2410_uart.h code maybe there is some off the data thet is not being processed corectly… it is bit advanced for me to debug the c++

Yes. Just don’t show those values.

Any issues with this custom component, you will need to ask the component author, not the ESPHome team

I would probably move away from using a custom component for the LD2410 in ESPHome since it is now directly supported and is about to be updated shortly to enable the LD2410 to be configured directly in HA and not just via the YAML or the HLKRadar app.

Ok thankyou, I have learnd sevral things trying to debug and get the ld2410 to work with the custome componet, you are probaly rigth that I should move to the HA when the settings are implemented.

I removed the extra stuff the the HA/ESPhome add (i dont need to undestandt the inner workings of that rigth now :grinning:), and the sensor is working switching on and off the ligth in my EE lab.

TNX
/K

1 Like

And the timing couldn’t be any better, the above update to the LD2410 component in ESPHome has just been released as part of ESPHome 2023.8.0
The ESPHome documentation page above for the LD2410 component has also been updated with the details for the YAML config.

1 Like

Has anyone have a full esphome working code with the new configuration for LD2410.

My previous installation was working with the following code in my esphome unit.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: gpio        # LD2410
    pin:
      number: ${LD2410_pin}
      mode:
        input: true
        pullup: true
    name: ${esp_id}_Presence
    device_class: presence

I try multiple options without success.
Do I have to include Binary Sensor, Sensor, Switch, Number, Button, Text Sensor, Select etc code to only get a presence and movement?

See the following thread as there are examples of the YAML code that has been used that works:

Have you also wired up the TX and RX pins as I think the updated LD2410 ESPHome component is designed to work with the TX/RX pins so that you can fully configure it directly from HA.

Looking at the documentation, the OUTPUT pin configuration has changed to the following:

binary_sensor:
  - platform: gpio
    pin: REPLACEME
    name: gpio out pin presence
    device_class: presence

Tank for your replay.
I found the answer to my question in here