(probably) auth issues, 403: Forbidden

Hi,

I had quite a few issues with access after starting to use the new auth system. First, Iost access through nginx/duckdns (got a 403: Forbidden error when navigating to the HASS frontend, though I still had access to other components, e.g. HADashboard). Only on the duckdns address though, the local IP worked fine. I tried re-installing nginx/lets encrypt, with no success.

I tried deleting the .storage/auth , .storage/auth_provider.homeassistant and .storage/onboarding, and then nothing worked (I had to start over creating an admin user, but after that, HASS never loaded on any device, at any address). So I ended up with a complete re-install.

And now the exact same config as before works from my laptop on both local IP and duckdns address. But on my phone, I can now only access through my duckdns address. Using the local IP now gives the 403: Forbidden, that I previously saw when when navigating to my duckdns address. But only on my phone (tested both Chrome and Brave browsers, and I did try clearing cache/cookies), it works fine from both Chrome and Firefox on my laptop.

Any ideas what’s going on?

Sigh, sorry… There was an IP ban in effect that I had missed… :roll_eyes: Did not think of that after a clean install…

I don’t think this post adds that much, so mods, feel free to delete if you’d like.

2 Likes

Nothing to be sorry about! :slight_smile: I just had a similar problem which felt nearly impossible to troubleshoot. Your post provided the solution!