Problem adding GE Z-Wave Plus fan control

I just picked up a GE 14287 Z-Wave Plus Fan control to add in to my network. Got it all wired up and added it into the config as usual, but I’m having a strange issue that I haven’t seen before. It added just fine via OZWCP, after saving, stopping OZWCP and starting HASS, it ended up showing up in the ‘ZWave’ panel as expected. After everything was polled, I rebooted the RasPi (I’ve found that after initial poll after adding a device, it needs to be restarted to finish ‘properly’ adding the new device). After this, it was now detected as 'GE 14287 Z-Wave Plus Fan Control as it should have been, however, it did not show up in any other panel like usually happens. I added it to my ‘customize’ to give it a friendly name, and after that, the ‘Friendly name’ now shows up in the ‘Z-Wave’ panel (never seen that before - side note - at some point, somehow, my ZWave IDs changed again - they’ve been structured like ‘light.leviton_unknown_type1b03_id0334_level_9_0’, now they are showing up as ‘light.leviton_unknown_type1b03_id0334_level_9’, but everything is still working - I currently have ‘new_entity_ids: false’ in my config - what the heck?).

I then added the ID for the new fan control to my ‘groups’. After a reload, it’s now gone from the ‘ZWave’ Panel, and what was in the ‘ZWave’ Panel is now in my ‘basement’ group (where the switch belongs). And it doesn’t give me the ability to control it. It just has the sideways Z-Wave logo. Prior to adding it via OZWCP, I added this XML to the manufacturer specific list and updated the manufacturer specific XML as I’ve done a bunch of times for the Leviton switches.

This was after I commented out my friendly name and added it back to the ‘Basement’ group:

I did find this thread, but where changing ‘specific=“1”’ to ‘specific="8’ worked for them, it’s apparently a fail for me because it’s already ‘specific=“8”’.

Any ideas why it’s behaving totally stupid compared to every other Z-Wave device I’ve added in (BTW, currently running 0.47.1)?

So this has been resolved. As I indicated, I was running 0.47.1. I backed everything up and upgraded to 0.51.2. After the upgrade, it ‘magically’ appeared as an entity. Not sure what was different between 47 & 51, but I already had a Leviton fan switch that’s been in use for some time, so I doubt it was a lack of fan switch support on HA’s part.