Problem creating multiples Lovelace Dashboards

Okay, good now I managed to delete the old headings.
But how do I add my new yaml dashboard to the headings?
The ones I have in the sidebar

One other thing.
Before when I have made a changes to my yaml dashboard I just select refresh and then the new changes will be reloaded but now I can see that the refresh option is not available any more.
Is there any other way to load the yaml changes or do I need to restart the HA?

I got it, just select the yaml dashboard then the refresh option is there…

Erm dashboards go in the sidebar. Views create tabs in the dashboard. You can hit the + to add a view when editing a dashboard. You could also paste a view into the raw config, although it’s fiddly to do that. Its easier to paste into an existing view.

title: Home
views:
  - path: default_view    #### Start of first view
    title: Home    
    cards:
      - type: entities
        entities: []
      - type: grid
        square: false
        columns: 1
        cards:
          - type: media-control
            entity: media_player.family_room
          - type: media-control
            entity: media_player.home_group

- type: weather-forecast
        entity: weather.forecast_home
        show_forecast: false
  - theme: Backend-selected  #### Start of second view
    title: test
    path: test
    visible:
      - user: 02adf83426b948429490098a2a949d71
    badges: []
    cards:
      - type: alarm-panel
        states:
          - arm_home
          - arm_away
        entity: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
      - show_name: true
        show_icon: true
        type: button
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
        entity: ''
      - show_name: true
        show_icon: true
        type: button
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
        entity: ''

You will only need to do that on a second page. It reloads the page you on when you save.

If I hit the + to add a view.
Can I then select the yaml dashboard?

Can I set the path for my yaml dashboard and that way access the yaml dashboard in a view?

I added the path to the yaml-files

Then I added a view in the Raw configuration editor

- theme: Backend-selected
    path: sauna_view
    title: Sauna
    subview: false

But this gave me a empty view

Is there any other way to create a view from a yaml dashboards?

I haven’t played around with it.
Sounds like what you want is a subview.

I’m not sure. Subview wan’t be listed in the navigation bar at the top as I understand.

The thing I try to achieve is to have on UI based dashboard/view were you can make development and new configuration, test new stuff.
Then I would like to have all of my other dashboards/views yaml based. Meaning that it’s easier to make copy’s/backups of them.
I would like to have the appearance where all my different pages in the GUI are listed in the navigation bar at the top, same as views in the HA instructions.
But in my case this views should consist of dashboard that are split into different files to make it more simple to maintain.
Hope you understand what I try to achieve.
Maybe there’s a better way to do this ?

You could just copy the raw config from a UI dashboard to a secondary file or secondary view as backup.

Or use an addon like

To backup your system if you are running something with addons.

Okay, do you know if it’s possible to rename and swap place on Overview & Switches dashboards.

Meaning that my Overview/main dashboard will be the yaml dashboard and second dashboard will be the UI based dashboard. Which I only will use for development and testing.
Dose the “default_view” path have something to do with that?

Settings > dashboards. Pick your default

Perfect that’s working.
But I still have the issue with divide the yaml-file into different parts.
Just for making it easer to navigate and maintain.
And I would like to have the different files/parts as separate views in the top bar.

I don’t think this is currently possible.
You can point a button at as a subview, but not as a View navigating to a another View on a separate Dashboard.

Thank you
I have to sort out how I want to do it.
If you have you master dashboard UI based and the extra dashboards as yaml.
How is it with this then?
“Once you take control of your UI via YAML, the Home Assistant interface for modifying it won’t be available anymore and new entities will not automatically be added to your UI.”

Is the new entities available or not?

You can still add any cards you like.

Yes, but as I understand need you manually import the cards in yaml mode.
Which you don’t need to do in UI mode, in UI mode the new cards is automatically updated.
The question is now do I get automatically updates or not?

Depends on the card. The inbuilt cards are UI based. You typically just click ad card and then pick your entity and click save.

The more advanced cards might use yaml, but they wouldn’t be added automatically anyway.

I see, but what do they mean with following sentence in the HA manual?

“Once you take control of your UI via YAML, the Home Assistant interface for modifying it won’t be available anymore and new entities will not automatically be added to your UI.”

What will not be updated?

It will stop adding new entities as entity cards.

Go to settings > dashboards and create a new dashboard. You can try out adding cards.

Exactly, but do I get the automatically updates or not if I have it configure as this?

There are really three types of dashboard.

YAML - you write everything in a file
GUI - you control the dashboard and what appears using the GUI (and maybe a little bit of YAML through the GUI editor
Auto-generated - you do nothing and HA creates a dashboard and populates it with entities that aren’t hidden (or disabled)

By default, if you create a new GUI dashboard in settings - dashboards it will be auto-generated. Once you start editing it, it will be controlled by you.

You can have some control over the auto-generated dashboard. Hide entities that you don’t want to see, use areas to group things together, customise an entities icon.