Problem moving conbee ii to new installation

Hi,

I’m running HA on a raspberry 4.

I had a working zigbee setup through a conbee ii stick. The sd of that installation turned out to be faulty, so I started fresh and took the opportunity to also start working from SSD. The conbee stick is now connected with an extension cord, having read about interference problems from SSDs.

However, I cannot get the stick to work. As you might guess, I’m pretty new at this, although I’m pretty good at following instructions.

The stick is being recognized. Configuring either ends up in HA saying ‘error’ and not proceeding, or installing and then showing an error in the installed appliance.

'Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:174
First occurred: 13:36:54 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:36:54

Error setting up entry ConBee II, s/n: DE2660741 - dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik GmbH for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 456, in wait_for
return fut.result()
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py”, line 382, in async_setup
result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 111, in async_setup_entry
await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 189, in async_initialize
raise exc
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 174, in async_initialize
self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 169, in new
await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 145, in startup
await self.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py”, line 81, in connect
self.version = await api.version()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py”, line 460, in version
(self._firmware_version,) = await self._command(Command.version, 0)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/api.py”, line 306, in _command
return await asyncio.wait_for(fut, timeout=COMMAND_TIMEOUT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 458, in wait_for
raise exceptions.TimeoutError() from exc
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError’

Someone willing to hold my hand and talk me through this?