Problem to find new devices in Fibaro integration (no sync?)

Hi all,
i have a Fibaro HC2 correctly connected with HA. I use devices and plugins (Satel alarms) without problems for a few months.
I happened to make some changes on Fibaro (added devices and changed the name) but no changes are displayed on HA.
There is no possibility of updating the configuration to always have the devices synchronized ??
Synchronization seems to work only once!
have idea?

hi, do you resolve the problem?

1 Like

No…
I try many option but its not possible refresh the device! That’s is incredible!

Hi,

I am facing exactly the same issue. I’m curious… Did you make any particular change on Fibaro or Hassio side, I mean changes on the Fibaro devices and/or Hassio entities?
For instance: hiding devices, disabling devices, renaming entities on Hassio, etc…

I was having some doubts after renaming manually some Fibaro integration entities on Hassio. Does renaming entities after their creation breaks the sync?

So I ended up doing the following without success:

• remove the Fibaro Integration
  • remove every single Fibaro entity
  • restart Hassio
  • add the Fibaro Integration once again
  • restart Hassio

The same entities show up again (with new auto generated names), but the new devices are still missing…

1 Like

I am comforted not to be alone … :expressionless: :upside_down_face:
No, I have not made any particular changes to the names of the devices on the HA side. I don’t remember at least (I have many devices in HC2).
Integration works perfectly for other things. I also manage the Satel alarm control unit well, always connected as a plugin to Fibaro HC2.
Everything is fine except that. I don’t see the device name changes and the new devices on the HC2 side. The situation of the devices seems “frozen”.
I do not know what to say…

Little update:

So finally after digging into the code, checking Fibaro API JSON responses, etc… I found out that the solution to my problem was very simple :

The user configured in Hassio did not have the permissions to see the new device.

On Fibaro side, I simply went to access permissions and changed the settings accordingly.
After that, simply restarted Hassio and finally the device popped up!

4 Likes

I’m happy for you … but this is not my solution.
In my case HA is logged in with an administrator account and has access to all devices.
I tried anyway to make a new user and connect HA with that to HC2 but nothing is solved.
If I query the APIs I get answers from all devices, even new ones. So it’s not an HC2 problem …
I dont have ideas.

Thanks a lot. The user permission issue was happening to me as well with a newly added device.

Changing the naming of devices does NOT seem to sync however to Home Assistant. I get the feeling that syncing is done based on some underlying ID and after adding it values like the name are not getting kept in sync.

Same problem here. I go to reuse a device that was maybe called “lounge_lights” when it was imported. I then move the device and call it “kitchen_lights” in Fibaro but it’s never updated in HA. I constantly have to try and remember what the device is called.

1 Like

I just finished booting the HC2. Finally my house just works!
So I moved 35 Fibaro devices to ZwaveJS, and I’m impressed at how easy it is to configure them.

The Fibaro devices held on with everything they got, it was impossible to exclude them. So for around 50% of my devices, I had to cut power and hold the button on the device while turning on power again. Then the light/device would stay on til either power was cut again or a button press on S1. That factory resets the device, and it could be included in ZwaveJS.

Associations gets deleted with a factory reset. I found no way to add those in ZwaveJS, but using a docker with ZwaveJS2MQTT with the same stick let me add associations again. Then boot back into HA. Since Associations is stored in the devices firmware, it works great :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m moving all devices to ZwaveJS2MQTT too. It works perfectly and I am happy.