Problem with 0.99 and Fully Kiosk + Fire Tablets?

Anyone with a fire tablet having trouble accessing home assistant via fully kiosk after upgrade to 0.99.0+? I have 7 fire tablets and they all exhibit the same problem, which is showing that they’re stuck on the initializing screen which shows ahead of the login screen. I am able to still use the chrome and silk apps to access home assistant fine but the fully kiosk and wallpanel apps exhibit the same intializing screen behavior. I am assuming this has to do with a combination of these kiosk style apps and outdated webview that all fire tablets have, as I have other tablets on updated webview and aosp with no problem viewing home assistant through the kiosk apps.

5 Likes

Jep, Same here. No idea as of now.

I created an issue. Lets hope someone is willing to solve it for us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, all. Looks like the issue is gaining a tiny bit of traction already.

If it used to work in v0.98 this ot may be worth looking at what frontend changes have been made to v0.99

Also the Firefox browser may be worth trying also, just to see what browsers do and don’t work. :slight_smile:

Also seeing this issue with Fire HD 8 Gen 6. Running Fire OS 5.3.6.4.

Fully Kiosk gets stuck on initializing.
Hermit app also gets stuck on initializing.

These where both working on v0.98

Firefox, Chrome and Silk Browsers work correctly.

You aren’t alone. I’m in the same boat here.

Just to keep you updated: problem is found and will be fixed soon according to GitHub

1 Like

Great job contributing, everyone! So glad to see this get resolved so I can jump back to current release.

Awesome! Can’t wait to get it back up and going!

Should be fixed with 0.99.3

1 Like

Confirmed fixed with 0.99.3 on my end. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m at 0.109.6, and it seems to be back. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I’ve just fired up an old tablet I found in the back of a cupboard with the intention of using it as a control panel for HA, but only got the initialising screen. The tablet’s running Android 4.1.1 and any browser based on Webview failed, but I did get Firefox to work.

Yes, I’m on 101.1 and the issue seems to be back. I have another instance on 107 and it works no problem.

This seems to remain a problem with the current version (0.114.3). I wanted to use an old iPad (iOS 9.3.5) as a status screen, but only the blue top bar is loading successfully. :frowning:
Have you had any progress in getting the frontend to load?

2 Likes

Blue bar is back. Fire OS 5.6.8.0, Fully Kiosk Browser 1.44.1 Fire, HA 2021.11.5, Gen 4 Tablet. Login screen works, load only shows blue bar. Anyone know what causes this issue and if it’s something that can be fixed by settings vs coding. Thx!

I have the same issue.