Problem with a tradfri light that will pair but won't switch

Hi all,

I’ve got a raspberry PI 3B with core-2021.10.6 and OS 6.2 running. I have a Elelabs Zigbee USB Adapter that runs a bunch of IKEA and Hue lights. They all work fine, and have been easy to pair.

Today I bought a new IKEA “TRADFRIbulbE14WWclear250lm”

It paired ok, was discovered on the network and worked fine while I was in the “add device” dialog, but as soon as I went back to my main screen it wont turn off. Initially HA thought it was present, shortly after it appears to not be visible, although it has a control on the main screen that has no effect.

turning the light off and on at the mains doesnt help. removing and re-pairing doesn’t help. not removing and re-pairing doesnt help.

I also bought two tradfri switched power outlets which pair and work fine.

to prove a point, I removed the bulb from my network and factory reset it. Then I paired it to a standalone steering device - a spare tradfri on/off switch. It works fine. turns on, turns off. perfect.

tried adding it to my own network again. same problem.

removed one of my old bulbs. re-paired it. no problem.

any ideas? I can see this in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base

Source: components/zha/core/channels/base.py:428

Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)

First occurred: 3:25:49 PM (40 occurrences)

Last logged: 10:21:39 PM

[0x3344:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x3344:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x3344:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x3344:1:0x0006]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x3344:1:0x0006]: Message send failure')]

[0x3344:1:0x1000]: Couldn't get list of groups: [0x3344:1:0x1000]: Message send failure

[0xD14F:1:0x0006]: 'async_configure' stage failed: 'ConfigureReportingResponse' object has no attribute 'status'

[0xD14F:1:0x0008]: 'async_configure' stage failed: 'ConfigureReportingResponse' object has no attribute 'status'

[0xD14F:1:0x1000]: 'async_configure' stage failed: not enough values to unpack (expected 3, got 2)

Having a very similar (maybe the same) problem! Some error messages look different buy maybe the due to different HA versions due the years apart :slight_smile:

Did you ever solve this issue?

I have just created a new post with my details: Tradfri bulbs pair but nothing else

Thanks