Problem with adding hyperion light - expected data is missing

Hello all!
I’m trying to integrate my lightberry (Hyperion kit) with home assistant. It worked in the past, but after my old pc died, I did a new installation and copied most of the configuration.

2020-11-09 12:18:53 WARNING (MainThread) [hyperion.client] JSON from Hyperion (192.168.0.126:19444-0) did not include expected 'command' parameter, skipping...
2020-11-09 12:18:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Platform hyperion not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.

But for some reason, I keep getting this error in the logs that the commands parameter on the response from hyperion is missing. I can’t find any more information about this. maybe some changes to the integration broke it?

Here’s my configuration.yaml section about hyperion:

light:
  - platform: hyperion
    host: 192.168.0.126

I removed the hdmi priority since I saw in the documentation that it got deprecated (that’s also why I think something broke the integration with my (probably old) version of hyperion.

Did anyone figured it out? :frowning:

Thanks!

Did you read this note in the docs:

NOTE: Hyperion-NG is supported, the original discontinued Hyperion is not supported by this integration.

@Burningstone So they just ditched the old support? why? what was wrong in keeping both versions? :-/
No reason they shouldn’t be able to run as two different integrations that are separated. no?

I have no idea, I’m not a dev, I don’t even use Hyperion myself. Just pointed to the note in the docs.

There’s probably no one willing to maintain the old version, when there’s a new version available.