Problem with Aqara Mini Switch

I added the Aqara M2 Hub using the HomeKit Controller integration and my Aqara P1 motion sensors and temp/humidity sensor shows up with no issues, but the Mini Switch button does not show the correct entities. I see a battery entity and identify entity for the button, but not the single and double or long press entities.

Has anyone encountered this? Any idea how to resolve it?

TIA for the help.

I’m not using the same setup, but have 3 different buttons from Aqara and SmartThings. None show entities like that.
Search for a Blueprint that can be used to setup automations to call actions from those button presses.
Alternatively, you can use the developer tools to see how those button presses are recognized.

@Nameless I removed the button from Aqara hub and HA to add it via ZHA. I recently bought a HA Sky Connect for the Thread functionality and configured it for ZHA as well, but prior to this, have not used ZHA as I add my Zigbee products via a Hubitat that I had prior to moving to HA. I can’t get ZHA to find my Aqara Mini Switch. I place ZHA into “find” mode and then hold the mini switch button for several seconds until it flashes a blue light the press the button every few seconds to keep the mini switch in pairing mode, but it won’t find it. I’ve even moved it really close to the dongle and it still doesn’t find it. Any suggestions?

They are known to pair painfully slow, from what I’ve read and experienced. I found I had to press the button every second or faster for nearly a full minute instead of every few seconds. It was awful.
After paired, it works great. Getting to that point is a challenge.

@Nameless or anyone… I actually just did what was suggested pushing the button until the blue light started blinking then pressing the button as often as I physically could for over four minutes and it was never found. I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong.

I have a Sky Connect and configured ZHA for the device. I go into the Integrations page, click Configure in the Sky Connect box. It shows some details about my network settings. I click Add Device and when the new window opens with the flashing status bar asking me to place the device in pairing mode, I begin clicking the button.

I’m running HA OS on a RPi4 and know that you shouldn’t connect the Sky Connect directly to the device due to radio signal interference so I have it plugged into the USB extender that came with the Sky Connect, but it is only about 6 inches. The Sky Connect and RPi4 are located next to a couple of other hubs also. Is it possible that the Sky Connect is too close to these to get a decent signal? Also, is it possible that the Sky Connect is not figured correctly for ZHA? Is there a way to check this?

Any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated as my wife really wants this button and she’s been slow to adopt the home automation stuff so this would go a long way.