Home Assistant Community

Problem with “Check Home Assistant configuration” add on

I’m running Hassio through docker on Ubuntu Server using a nuc. Before upgrading to 0.89.0 I ran the “Check Home Assistant configuration” add on and got this error:

[Info] Install done, check config now
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/hass", line 11, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 375, in main
    return scripts.run(args.script)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/__init__.py", line 67, in run
    return script.run(args[1:])  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 84, in run
    print(color('bold', "Testing configuration at", config_dir))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/scripts/check_config.py", line 44, in color
    from colorlog.escape_codes import escape_codes, parse_colors
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'colorlog'
[Error] Wrong config found!

A search suggested that It’s the “check_config” script that requires “colorlog” so I upgraded and everything went fine.

I wondered if anyone else has had problems with the add on and how I might sort out the error as I find it helpful to run a check before upgrading.

1 Like

I have run that addon in the past but need to run it again before updating to 0.89.
My HassOS installation appears to have imploded but I also have Hassio on a Debian VM with a similar configuration.

I got the identical error with .88.2 when I ran the Check Home Assistant configuration add on for .89. Also, disk use percentage increased 40% afterwards. I’m in the dark as to how to interpret this.

I got the same thing on hass.io 88.2 -> 89.0 when I ran Check Home Assistant Configuration addon. So for fun – and because it’s a tradition with software – I ran Check Home Assistant Configuration again and got:

[Info] Start install HomeAssistant latest

So maybe just running the Check fixed the problem or whatever it was? It’s good, because I have no idea how I would install component ‘colorlog’ in a hass.io instance.

In conclusion, it’s a little confusing when one is left wondering if the addon had an error or whether it’s operating as designed and reporting a problem in one’s configuration. Maybe we need a Check Check Home Assistant Configuration addon to run before running Check Home Assistant Configuration to make sure that Check Home Assistant Configuration will be able to do its job.

1 Like

You need to wait for the config check to finish. Click REFRESH on the log window.

I left it running for a long time and then refreshed the log and what I pasted above was the last entry.

Same here, same error. Also left it running a long time.

Any errors in the logs under Hass.io -> system or under the “i” icon in the bottom row?

After running Check Home Assistant Configuration for the third time, and until the processor sensor returned to normal, these are the errors in the log:

2019-03-07 07:35:01 WARNING (MainThread) [engineio.client] Read loop: WebSocket connection was closed, aborting
2019-03-07 07:35:01 WARNING (MainThread) [engineio.client] PONG response has not been received, aborting
2019-03-07 07:35:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry f0d5491eaeda for binary_sensor
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 260, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/__init__.py", line 63, in async_setup_entry
    return await hass.data[DOMAIN].async_setup_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 135, in async_setup_entry
    raise ValueError('Config entry has already been setup!')
ValueError: Config entry has already been setup!
2019-03-07 07:35:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry f0d5491eaeda for sensor
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 260, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/__init__.py", line 50, in async_setup_entry
    return await hass.data[DOMAIN].async_setup_entry(entry)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 135, in async_setup_entry
    raise ValueError('Config entry has already been setup!')
ValueError: Config entry has already been setup!
2019-03-07 07:46:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: SSL error errno:1 reason: KRB5_S_INIT
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 504, in uvloop.loop.SSLProtocol.data_received
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 204, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "uvloop/sslproto.pyx", line 189, in uvloop.loop._SSLPipe.feed_ssldata
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 767, in unwrap
    return self._sslobj.shutdown()

The SSL error has been logged every few minutes since .87. It appears the ambient weather station configuration (f0d5491eaeda) is having difficulty as well.

Do you have a binary sensor entity with id f0d5491eaeda ?
Perhaps search your configuration.yaml file.

Yes,

configured

The weather station battery state is a binary sensor. binary_sensor.weather_station_battery

It its configuration correct? Many invalid entries that used to be ignored mow generate errors.

I guess I’ll file an issue against the Ambient component. Unable to upgrade at this point. Config entry:

ambient_station:
  api_key: !secret ambient_api_key
  app_key: !secret ambient_app_key
  monitored_conditions:
    - 24hourrainin
    - battout
    - dailyrainin
    - dewPoint
    - eventrainin
    - feelsLike
    - hourlyrainin
    - humidity
    - humidityin
    - lastRain
    - maxdailygust
    - monthlyrainin
    - tempf
    - tempinf
    - uv
    - weeklyrainin
    - winddir
    - winddir_avg2m
    - windgustmph
    - windspeedmph

The upgrade itself went fine with no errors

1 Like

@MartinB

I’m getting same error of your first post.

What was your solution?

Thanks

Yeah, I’m getting the same error.

Running HassOS 2.10 and HA 0.88.2 on a nuc.

I haven’t been able to resolve why the configuration check add on throws the error.

Oh, ok, I misunderstood you last message!

1 Like

I noticed this on the blog thread. They now know this is a bug but there is a suggested workaround. The querying user was using travis.

1 Like

Time has apparently healed the wounds on my installation. Was able to update to 0.89.0 just now without the errors seen earlier.