Problem with IP Camera Trigger Automation

So, basically I am just a beginner with hass.io and trying to implement my first few automations in HA.

I have an Android Phone connected as IP camera to HA with Motion sensor activated. Motion sensor makes aware of the motion with a state value of a random number (1 defines no motion and a number usually is generated in the state when motion is detected which can be anything <1000, as I have noticed).

Now, I am trying ro make a notification service which activates when motion is registered in the camera (above 250) and the condition of me not being home (I have three zones configured - Home, Work, School). This trigger should say some message through my google home speaker and push a html5 notification to me.

The current automation looks like this -

- id: #randomid
  alias: Motion Detection Notification
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.room_camera_motion
    platform: state
    to: '1000'
  condition:
  - condition: zone
    entity_id: device_tracker.#mygoogle_maps_id
    zone: zone.school
  - condition: zone
    zone: zone.work
  - condition: state
    state: not_home
  action:
  - service: tts.google_say
    entity_id: media_player.google_home
    data:
      message: 'You should not enter without permission when xxxxx is not home. Notifying xxxxx that you came'
  - service: notify.chromehtml5
    data:

While this was my first script, I am not sure how to make the trigger work. So, the current script wants me to mention a ‘from’ value and ‘to’ value of state. But this isn’t what I can do because this can be any random number, for both from and to.

Can anyone help me with this how to specify trigger when state goes above 250? Also, if there’s an easier way to specify when I am just not_home?

thanks

form and to are states, not ranges, so that won’t work.
You’d need a numeric_state trigger, check the getting started page:

Also you don’t have to list all zones,

- id: #randomid
  alias: Motion Detection Notification
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.room_camera_motion
    platform: numeric_state
    above: 200
    below: 1000
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: '{{ states.device_tracker.#mygoogle_maps_id.state != "home"}}'
  action:
  - service: tts.google_say
    entity_id: media_player.google_home
    data:
      message: 'You should not enter without permission when xxxxx is not home. Notifying xxxxx that you came'
  - service: notify.chromehtml5
    data: