Problem with python 3.7

Hi,
After upgrade to python Python 3.7.5
I have problem with two components which could not load

• cloud
  • homekit

Error during setup of component homekit
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 172, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/homekit/init.py”, line 135, in async_setup
await hass.async_add_executor_job(homekit.setup)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/homekit/init.py”, line 306, in setup
from .accessories import HomeBridge, HomeDriver
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/homekit/accessories.py”, line 8, in
from pyhap.accessory_driver import AccessoryDriver
File “/Users/robertp/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pyhap/accessory_driver.py”, line 45, in
from pyhap.encoder import AccessoryEncoder
File “/Users/robertp/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/pyhap/encoder.py”, line 9, in
import ed25519
File “/Users/robertp/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/ed25519/init.py”, line 1, in
from .keys import (BadSignatureError, BadPrefixError,
File “/Users/robertp/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/ed25519/keys.py”, line 3, in
from . import _ed25519
ImportError: cannot import name ‘_ed25519’ from ‘ed25519’ (/Users/robertp/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/ed25519/init.py)

What is wrong?

I guess not the answer you’re looking for but a solution nonetheless. move to Docker. Then you won’t have to worry about maintaining Python or anything else, the container takes care of this for you.
I was in the same seat and after too much to fix following an upgrade to python 3.5 I gave up and moved everything to docker containers, including influxdb, grafana, and much more. so much easier…

2 Likes