Problem with switching on two outputs at the same time

Hello All,

I am struggling with some automations, and to be more precise I want to switch on two outputs at a given time, let’s say at 20:00:00. To make a long story short, as I have tested many options:
1.I have two automations one switching output 1, another switching output 2 and both use the same trigger: time at 20:00:00, both of the automations are fired but only one output is switched on.
2. If I make the same two automations to be triggered one at 20:00:00 and the other at 20:00:10 then both outputs are getting switched on
3. For testing purpose I put both actions in one automation, to be triggered at the same time. Unfortunately, also here only one output is switched on.

id: '1603049831614'
  alias: lights_driveway
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: '20:00:00'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_on
    data: {}
    entity_id: switch.lampy_furtka
  - service: switch.turn_on
    data: {}
    entity_id: switch.lampy_podjazd
  mode: single

Appreciate any help…

That looks OK to me - have you checked your log file for any errors e.g. is the second entity maybe unavailable?

Don’t know what else to suggest.

Add

- delay: 00:00:10

in your automation between the two switch.turn_on's

Your problem may be a limitation of the integration the switches are using.

Are they wifi / IR / ZigBee / Zwave / RF ?

Thanks Jonah1970 and jivesinger. There are no errors in the log, just information that automation is running and executing the steps:

2020-10-18 19:38:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.lights_driveway] lights_driveway: Running automation actions
2020-10-18 19:38:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.lights_driveway] lights_driveway: Executing step call service
2020-10-18 19:38:00 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation.lights_driveway] lights_driveway: Executing step call service

The outputs are connected through Satel integration (module IORS). All automations I have are working fine, unless they are executed at exactly the same time like in the example above. To do a workaround I can offset them 10s, but I was just curious what is the problem that I cannot switch both of them at the same time.

Same problem here

Looks like it may be a limitation / issue with the integration

Strange!I don’t have any other integrations with outputs to check. Anyway, I added slight delay and it works now, so I think we can close this subject.

A bug report was submitted in the other thread, so potentially this is something that may get resolved.

You should be able to click the link and track it’s progress

did you try mode: parallel maybe that can help

That would allow multiple instances of the automation to run simultaneously.

I tried parallel mode, but the result was the same.