Problems after moving from Raspberry Pi to virtual machine

Today I moved my HASS OS installation from a raspberry pi to a virtual machine running on proxmox. I created a backup on the raspi, installed the officual vm image, booted it and restored from the backup.
At first glance everything seemed to work fine but then I noticed that a few add-ons were not started. I started them and tbh did not think about it any more.
Later I noticed that the add-ons failed to start on every reboot of the vm - but I couldnt find any related error messages in the log of either hass or the addons. And I can always just start them without any problem but this is of course annoying.

I now noticed that I get a weird error message when trying to create a new backup:

“Creating a backup is not possible right now because the system is in startup state” - that happens even after hass was running fine for hours but now I assume that for some reason home assistant never finishes starting up which is probably also the cause for some addons to not being started.

I would appreciate some hints what I could try to figure this out. I would rather not go back to the raspberry pi since I am slowly migrating everything from different Pis to the proxmox server…

Home Assistant Core 2022.6.7
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.05.3
Home Assistant OS 8.2

Update: I found one problem - apparently for whatever reason one of the containers was sent to ip-ban-jail so the supervisor was filling its logs with

ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Can’t update Home Assistant access token!

I did not see that log before and found it “by accident” while looking for solutions - would be nice if the HA would make these kind of errors obvious in the UI.
Now the addons start correctly on boot but I still get the error message saying “Creating a backup is not possible right now because the system is in startup state” when trying to create a backup. So far everything else seems to work though.