Problems connecting the neato component

Hi All,

Hopefully soemone can help, i’ having problems connecting my neato botvac.

I’ve add the component to my configuration but get the following error in my logs:

Wed Feb 06 2019 13:53:30 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)

Error during setup of component neato
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py", line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/neato.py", line 180, in setup
hass.data[NEATO_LOGIN] = NeatoHub(hass, config[DOMAIN], Account)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/neato.py", line 204, in __init__
self._hass.data[NEATO_ROBOTS] = self.my_neato.robots
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/account.py", line 64, in robots
self.refresh_robots()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/account.py", line 110, in refresh_robots
endpoint=robot['nucleo_url']))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py", line 43, in __init__
if self.service_version not in SUPPORTED_SERVICES:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py", line 226, in service_version
return self.available_services['houseCleaning']
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py", line 222, in available_services
return self.state['availableServices']
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py", line 218, in state
return self.get_robot_state().json()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py", line 176, in get_robot_state
return self._message({'reqId': "1", 'cmd': "getRobotState"})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pybotvac/robot.py", line 62, in _message
response.raise_for_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 940, in raise_for_status
raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 404 Client Error: Not Found for url: https://nucleo.neatocloud.com/vendors/neato/robots/OPS29117-508CB12413B8/messages

Hi,

I have the same issue I think. It started happening around the same time you posted this, and has happened a few times.

Did you ever find a resolution? For me the issue was fixed by doing a factory reset, but that is bothersome to have to do every week or so.

Sometimes the botvac gets disconnected from the neato cloud. Instead of doing a factory reset try to just reboot the botvac by holding down the power button for 10 seconds and pressing it again a few seconds later.

Thanks, I’ll try that if it happens again!

If anyone ever reads this; I think this was a compatibility issue between my Neato BotVac Connected and my Google Wifi access point. I have a raspberry pi on the wired network, so I set up an access point on it just for the Neato and bridged that to the ethernet connection. The Neato now has a dedicated AP from that RPi. No issues in the two weeks since I tried that.