Problems logging in with MyQ component

I just purchased a MyQ hub and I’m having trouble with the MyQ cover.

When I add this to the config file and restart Hassio, I get a message in my log that says:

Sat Oct 05 2019 15:53:36 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
There was an error while logging in: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Try again. (203)

To log into my account on the MyQ app, I just use my email address and password. So I assumed my email address is the same thing as my username. Is this incorrect? (I’ve also used my name, which appears in my profile, but with the same problem.)

Edit: I have no trouble logging in with the MyQ app or the MyQ website. I only have issues between the MyQ hub and Home Assistant.

Does this component still work? Is anybody using it?

Works for me using the email address

Thanks for the input! Not sure why it’s not letting me log in. I’ll have to keep trying to figure out what is going on.

Not sure what the problem was. Did a factory reset of the hub and set it up again. Now it works fine. :roll_eyes: :grinning:

1 Like

I am currently getting the same error when using the correct creds. Before I go reset it, can you let me know if you are using your login info in quotes or no quotes? Pretty sure it is no quotes but I have tried both and before I reset I want to make sure my HA is setup correctly to get it if/when I reset. Thanks!

No quotes. I’m using the Secrets file, so the config is like this:

cover:
  - platform: myq
    username: !secret myq_user
    password: !secret myq_pass
    type: liftmaster

I hope you can get it working!

Thanks. Mine is using chamberlain but I may try the other types to see if there is any luck. Thanks!

Seeing these errors in the HA log following an update to iOS companion app and HA to 100.2:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.myq.cover] There was an error while logging in: 12:40:31.081540 Client Error while requesting data from api/v4/User/Validate: 400, message='Bad Request', url='https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/User/Validate

Can no loger control doors from the iOS companion app. HomeKit and Native App still function.

Yeah. Just started seeing these in the logs today. No updates to my system at all in a week

Yep, seeing them here as well. Here we go again with MyQ

Looks like we’re back to a MyQ API change?

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.myq.cover] There was an error while logging in: 17:06:07.340473 Client Error while requesting data from api/v4/User/Validate: 400, message=‘Bad Request’, url='https://myqexternal.myqdevice.com/api/v4/User/Validate

1 Like

same darn it

same same same issue

yup, me too. :frowning:

Is there a bug tracking this yet?

Darn, down here too lol. Bet they moved up to the V5 of their api, the logs are showing that it could not call user data from api v4

Ditto here. Same exact issue :frowning:

EDIT: Reddit thread located a related issue tracker: https://github.com/arraylabs/pymyq/issues/25?_pjax=%23js-repo-pjax-container#

Sorry guys, I think that was me! They had sent me an email asking me to take a satisfaction survey. I did it this morning and gave a positive response… I think maybe they’re not used to positive feedback, so they broke it. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Just got the same. 2019-10-18 23:14:41 WARNING (MainThread) [pymyq.api] 23:14:34.698368 Error requesting from api/v4/User/Validate; retrying: 400, message=‘Bad Request’

I just bought a new Garage Door and Opener so switched to myQ. Not even one month and it stopped working. My Old Garage Door opener had relay contacts and I connected a Raspberry Pi setup to it and it used to be 100%. I think I need to figure out a way to switch back to my old setup.

1 Like

Watching this as I have the same issue

1 Like