Problems with arm home assistant using docker

Hi hass forum folks,

I’m trying to create a setup so I can back up my hass config files and, should the need arise, quickly deploy my home automation to another machine; so portability is important - hence docker. I have a fully functional instance of home assistant on another machine (without docker) so I’m using that as a starting point to build my docker image. I’m pretty new to docker and so far I really like what I see but when I get the docker instance running I have identified two problems I’m having with home assistant that I can’t seem to figure out:

1. The “Configuration” button in home assistant front page doesn’t work in my docker instance. When I navigate to the “/config” URL, the page that comes up is completely blank and there are no error messages in the browser console. I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this one since I’m not getting any error messages. Any ideas on places to start for debugging a missing Configuration page? This obviously works great on the non-docker machine.

2. I’m using the Aeotec Gen5 Z-wave USB stick but when I plug it into the new machine and fire up the docker instance I see this:

I’m not sure how to go about troubleshooting this either and it’s strange because the one light switch that does appear in the list, is operational!! Because I cannot get to the Configuration screen my Z-wave debug is a bit more challenging. I copied all the config files from the working machine to the new machine and I have mapped the config directory into the docker instance at /config. I’ve checked the logs and there are no Z-wave errors and the one light switch works so this is throwing me for a loop. Is there an easy way to make this Z-wave stuff portable too?

Thanks,
-Greg

1. try to do a refresh on the browser (ctrl-F5 in Chrome). And I assume you have the “config:” entry in your configuration.yaml file?

2. I’m going to assume you are on v86.3 and I’m also going to assume (from the yellow bars) that you are on lovelace UI.

You need to look in your dev-states page to find the correct entity_id of the devices that are in yellow. They may have changed for some reason with the new “slugify” conversion.

Hi finity, thanks for the feedback. It wasn’t a caching problem, that’s my go-to fix and it didn’t work. I was running 0.86.0b2 and I just upgraded to 0.86.3 and now the configuration page works! I’m guessing there was something wrong with that build.

I think, as you suggested, maybe the new slugify routine had renamed my z-wave things. Since I can now get to the configuration page I was able to hit the z-wave area and reconfigure the names of the devices so they lined up with my config files. So that’s fixed, yay!

I noticed that my asuswrt isn’t working and reports this error on init, though I don’t know what it means:

2019-01-29 03:34:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component asuswrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt.py", line 61, in async_setup
    await api.connection.async_connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py", line 66, in async_connect
    self._client = await asyncssh.connect(self._host, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/misc.py", line 182, in __await__
    return (yield from self._coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5454, in connect
    conn, _ = yield from create_connection(None, host, port, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5110, in create_connection
    yield from auth_waiter
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 627, in data_received
    while self._inpbuf and self._recv_handler():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 847, in _recv_packet
    processed = handler.process_packet(pkttype, seq, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/packet.py", line 215, in process_packet
    self._packet_handlers[pkttype](self, pkttype, pktid, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 1414, in _process_kexinit
    self._kex = get_kex(self, kex_alg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex.py", line 122, in get_kex
    return handler(alg, conn, hash_alg, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex_ecdh.py", line 47, in __init__
    self._priv = ecdh_class(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/crypto/curve25519.py", line 31, in __init__
    self._priv_key = x25519.X25519PrivateKey.generate()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x25519.py", line 39, in generate
    _Reasons.UNSUPPORTED_EXCHANGE_ALGORITHM
cryptography.exceptions.UnsupportedAlgorithm: X25519 is not supported by this version of OpenSSL.

Any ideas about this one?

Not even a clue…