Problems with entity id's and state change

Hello everyone. I hope I’m in the right place. I’m new here and have limited knowledge of programming, so I need your help.
I have the following problem:
This code is accepted and actually executed.
action:

• device_id: 2e0d0d3d71e2d685c29d4f2865dbe1d3
    domain: number
    entity_id: 6a06044cb75469ef124114ef0216b794
    type: set_value
    value: 14

This code is accepted as executed indicated in Home Assistant, but the state of the entity does not change.

- service: input_number.set_value
    data_template:
      entity_id: number.balkon_limit_nonpersistent_absolute
      value: 14

entity_id: 6a06044cb75469ef124114ef0216b794 = entity_id: number.balkon_limit_nonpersistent_absolute. One is self-written, the other generated by Home Assistant. Why is that so? By the way, if I switch the entities from entity_id: 6a06044cb75469ef124114ef0216b794 to entity_id: number.balkon_limit_nonpersistent_absolute, neither one nor the other works

The value 14 should be replaced by a variable. And as far as I know, that wouldn’t work in the first example, right?

Thats why i need the second solution or something like that.
Thank you very much already.

Because the service call you’re using (input_number.set_value) is for changing the value of an Input Number entity but you have specified a Number entity (number.balkon_limit_nonpersistent_absolute).

There’s a different service call for Number entities (number.set_value).

1 Like

Such a quick and perfect answer. Thank you.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Please consider marking my post above with the Solution tag. Only you, the author of this topic (or a moderator), can do that.

It will automatically place a check-mark next to the topic’s title which signals to other users that this topic has been resolved. This helps users find answers to similar questions.

For more information about the Solution tag, refer to guideline 21 in the FAQ.