Problems with HA on a Pi5

Are you still meaning Zigbee2MQTT there?

If so please say that. MQTT is not Zigbee2MQTT.

Zigbee2MQTT needs a coordinator (“sonoff”). ZHA needs a coordinator too. They can’t share the same one.

2 Likes

Yes, its about Zigbee2MQTT, maybe we can have a grammer cheker on here or and a spell checker!

:slight_smile:

Hope for this to happen too in the community too so if you have time can you plz vote!

So do I need a sonoff p as well as a sonoff E to run (wait for it Zigbee2MQTT

without them interfering with one or the another?

the names so long winded! :rofl:

A health tag has been added.

3 Likes

You need one coordinator per integration. ZHA is an integratiin. Zigbee2MQTT is another integration.

One integration Per coordinator stick. So one Sonoff stick for one integration (ZHA) and one Sonoff for the other integration (Zigbee2MQTT) your choice of dongle E or dongle P should be based on the recommendation of whatever either ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT recommend respectively. Both integrations have hardware recommendation pages.

But you still have not explained what you’re going to connect to each. Each instance of integration and coordinator will create a separate unique zigbee network which has the potential to interfere with the other. Zigbee 101. Radio strength improves with density and you’re starting off by cutting the density in half. Which is why you should NOT create two zigbee networks on the same device.

All you’ve said is what I’ve read says I need them but you haven’t given us an example of one single device that will actually use zigbee to connect to home assistant?

1 Like

I dont need to mention any device I want to connect too in my property!

I want and need full compatibilities to what ever I choose to buy and not having to keep sending items back due to them not connecting and not working!

There is a lot of Hue lighting I might like to try or Aqara T1 Pro as that is only in Alexa not in HA! in HA using node-Red to dim change colour of lights woud I hope be able to do but its liek I said Id rather it setup so if the need comes its setup.

Yes I understand ZHA does a lot but most of my things in ZHA are just sensors not lighting or blinds. I have some one coming to see about fitting me some blinds and if the need be I have the setup in place.

It might be a waste of time to me, but thats my choosing not yours!

Isn’t it easier to do your research on compatibility before you buy the devices?

no not really!

:roll_eyes: :grinning:

Also there is a device that will do both, no clue if it be any good or not but not what you have said is not the all pictures! :grinning:

See this video!

:wink:

Best Zigbee Gateway on the market - for now! UZG-01 by ZigStar

This is a fundamental misunderstanding you need to fix or it will end in pain for you. And what we’re trying to help with.

By doing both at once YOU WILL cause yourself pain and suffering and cause functional issues just from the sheer fact you have both installed.

We STRONGLY recommend you research rhe devices you want to use. And pick ONE platform. ZHA or Z2M are both perfectly capable of driving sensors and lights. With various methods you can make almost any device work with either. What you see here on the site are usually preferences.

One thing is CERTAIN if you continue down your path you will have days and days of troubleshooting weird stuff nobody has ever seen simply because you choose to do this.

If you choose to do this then when you ask a question pertaining to your setup in the future. Be sure to state clearly you have this very not recommended setup on your first line. I guarantee the first ask will be shut off one of the networks and wait two hours for Zigbee to stabilize o see if the problem continues. Yes. It can and will be that bad. But you seem to know better.

Enjoy.

(and the zigstar gateway is just another getaway but just like the rest you can only connect it to One integration Ata a time… You can keep showing us coordinator sticks but they all work the same way one stick one integration and you should not have both antenna on the same box period.)

3 Likes

You need one coordinator for ZHA and one for Zigbee2MQTT if you want to run both.

Running both isn’t going to be a good idea. You’ve been advised not to do that many times already.

But, as you don’t want to listen I’ll stop there and leave others to it.

1 Like