Procedure to Change IP Address (Raspberry Pi)

Hi, I’m running HA on a Pi 4, the turnkey image which I think means it’s HAOS. It’s been working for a couple of months. I normally use the Android app but sometimes the web page as well.

HA uses DHCP and I have a static reservation to give effectively a fixed IP.

I’m renumbering my network, currently running both ranges with routing between them. But I’ve run into trouble with HA. Moving it’s interface into the new VLAN it got an address and appropriate DNS entries are created. I could ping it by IP, by “homeassistant.local” or by “homeassistant.my.domain”. But i can’t get any of the web pages, nor did the app work.

Reverting the change back to the old VLAN it stilI wouldn’t work until i set the reservation back to the exact old address.

Is there a specific process to follow?

Sorted. I actually don’t think it was an HA issue apart from the fact that the Android app seems to hard code the server’s IP address, even though originally configured by DNS name.

What was holding me up was the fact that ping from my tablet was clearly doing a fresh DNS lookup, so finding the new address. But the browser appeared to use cached entries, hence trying and failing to reach the old address.