Project Aurora (PC RGB lighting software) support for RGB lights in Home Assistant

Was chatting with @norien about having RGB LEDs changing depending on the game currently being played through Steam (detected by the Steam component), and had the idea of implementing support for Project Aurora. Aurora allows you to use multiple brands of RGB devices (like keyboards and mice) together.
After looking into the software, it seemed this would be a trivial task as they have support for custom device scripts, so a little later support was implemented for it.

You can get the files here.

To install the script simply drop RestSharp.dll in your Aurora install directory (should be C:\Program Files\Aurora) and home_assistant.cs in the Script\Devices directory. Once you have copied those files over you can open up home_assistant.cs and input your settings as per below.

• devicename: The name that will show up in Aurora.
  • haURL: The URL of your Home Assistant instance. e.g. http://192.168.0.4:8123
  • haPassword: Password for Home Assistant (can be left empty if none).
  • haLEDID: The name of RGB LEDs to control in Home Assistant. e.g. desk_lights

The script will match the LEDs to the current colour of the escape key, so makes sure anything you do in Aurora changes the escape key colour.

2 Likes

How did you get it to use steam’s game attribute? I’m trying to just get it to display right now…but eventually, I will want to automate my lights based on whether I’m playing a game or not.

Should be able to set up an automation like this:

- alias: Steam - Shelter
  trigger:
    platform: template
    value_template: "{{ is_state_attr("sensor.steam_account", "Game", "Shelter") }}"
  action:
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: light.desk_leds
    rgb_color: [255, 0, 0]

:cat2:

1 Like

Does this still work? I can’t get a light entity to show up in HA.

Any updates for this? I’d love to be able to sync my lights with this.