Proposals for portable air conditioner

Hi guys, since we have recently had offspring and live in an attic apartment with ~100m² that has always been very hot in the summer, I am currently in search of an air conditioner.
Unfortunately, we do not have the option to have a fixed air conditioner or window air conditioner installed. So it must be a portable air conditioner, ideally of course one that is relatively easy to use with Homeassistant :wink:
Currently, I would lean towards something like the De’Longhi PAC EL98, but for this one, there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to use it with Homeassistant. Except possibly via a few hacks with additional IR transmitters, which I do not want to do.
So does anyone have ideas on comparable air conditioners that are relatively easy to use in conjunction with Homeassistant? Unfortunately, I could not really find anything yet. I would be grateful. Best regards

I have the same brand of AC unit, i have created an IR Receiver and IR Transmitter, loaded them both up with ESPHOME and then recorded the signals.
i used this to guide me Create Custom IR remote w/ Home Assistant & ESPHome - David Sword
Problem is the remote works alongside the A\C unit, not exactly sure because the receiver didnt see anything coming out of the A/C. I thought i capture what was ON/OF but it was really on at 80F, pressing the on/off again only sets the temp back to on 80F, not an off on toggle. Similar problem with the (+) button and the (-) button. Capturing raw codes and then using those codes to change the A\C settings doesnt work.

This IR Blaster has support for a different delonghi unit, im hopeful it covers their other units as well.
https ://github.com/crankyoldgit/IRremoteESP8266/blob/master/SupportedProtocols.md

If i cant get this option to work i am going to go the lame route and hardwire the power on/off button to a relay+esp8266 and leave the battery powered remote and micro controller infront of the a/c unit. i already set up a esp32 cam over the control panel to see what the current temp is
Control Your Air Conditioner(IOT) With ESP8266 : 5 Steps - Instructables

if anyone has some insight on programing an ir controller for a unit like this that would be dope

also theres this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.weedle.ac_delonghi_remotes&hl=en_US&gl=US
idk how id hook node red into it but thats another google search lol