realm: pam
    username: !secret pve_user
    password: !secret pve_password
    nodes:
      - node: PVE
        vms:
        containers:

This results in the following errors:

2020-10-09 16:38:35 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] proxmoxve: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 346, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 471, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/proxmoxve/binary_sensor.py", line 83, in update
    item = self.poll_item()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/proxmoxve/binary_sensor.py", line 94, in poll_item
    self._proxmox_client.get_api_client()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/proxmoxer/core.py", line 105, in get
    return self(args)._request("GET", params=params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/proxmoxer/core.py", line 90, in _request
    raise ResourceException("{0} {1}: {2} - {3}".format(
proxmoxer.core.ResourceException: 596 Errors during TLS negotiation, request sending and header processing: tls_process_server_certificate: certificate verify failed - b''

What I have tried:

• Initial config on proxmox used a self-signed certificate but with ‘verify_ssl: false’ it still failed with same error
  • Switching proxmox certificate to official LE certificate still gives same error
  • Accessing proxmox with a browser gave error on self-signed (as expected), but it works without any notifications with LE certificate

Anybody have any advice?

//UlfThomas

Here my working config:

proxmoxve:
  host: 10.10.40.6
  username: !secret pve_user
  password: !secret pve_pass
  realm: pve
  verify_ssl: false
  nodes:
    - node: pve
      vms:

Did you try changing the realm? Did you create a user with the correct permissions on Proxmox side?

1 Like

Just now I tried manually logging in with PVE on the webiste and it failed. Only works with PAM.

I have not created a new user - tried with root.

//UlfThomas

I created a separate user as explained in the official docs, and there I set the realm to Proxmox VE authentication server.

Fair point - retried with the steps from the documentation and the error message remains the same.

The same at my side guys:

I have an in logs:

proxmoxve: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 346, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 471, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/proxmoxve/binary_sensor.py", line 83, in update
    item = self.poll_item()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/proxmoxve/binary_sensor.py", line 94, in poll_item
    self._proxmox_client.get_api_client()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/proxmoxer/core.py", line 105, in get
    return self(args)._request("GET", params=params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/proxmoxer/core.py", line 90, in _request
    raise ResourceException("{0} {1}: {2} - {3}".format(
proxmoxer.core.ResourceException: 596 Errors during TLS negotiation, request sending and header processing: tls_process_server_certificate: certificate verify failed - b''

With the next settings:

proxmoxve:
  - host: 192.168.0.9
    verify_ssl: false
    username: homeassistant
    password: password
    realm: pve
    nodes:
      - node: Proxmox
        vms:
        containers:

I see autentificated info line at my proxmox node also:

…but have an error, what I’m has did wrong?

What the pve version are u use?

The latest version 6.2-11 and HA 0.116.2. Does your user have the VM.Audit privileges enabled?

I can upgrade to 0.116.4 and test if it still works, but I doubt that it’ll make any difference.

Sure, the same like in official integration docs… I’m checked login in web gui of my proxmox with these creds and it works.

At my side pve 6.2-12 and ha 116.4 also.

The question was resolved - the node name should exactly match the name in the configuration, and due to an incomprehensible answer in the HA logs, it was not clear what the integration needed.

1 Like

The node name should match exatcly what?

nodes:
    - node: pve

The nod name pve must be exactly the same name as the node configured in proxmox.

1 Like
1 Like

Well, what do you know! :smiley:

Worked like a charm when following your advice. Thank you kindly.

1 Like