PS4 waker Hass.io

Anyone managed to get ps4-waker running on hassio?

this is what i found, and i installed the hassio addon, i managed to get the credentials, but i couldnt get the ps4 to show up on the home assistant dashboard.

any ideas?

Thanks
Gershy13

Did you get this working? How did you get the credentials? I used to have ps4-waker in hassbian but no idea how to configure in hassio. I installed vkron’s plug in, but what next?

Ben

I couldn’t get it working either… I got the credentials, but it wouldn’t work for some reason…

I just found this discussion Repository: Few addons seems to be detailed info on how to do it. But not tried yet

Yeah that’s what I followed but I still couldn’t get it working

benquan, thank you for the link to the discussion and instructions for the PS4 Waker Bridge HASS.IO Add-On installation. That was helpful.

danrspencer seemed to think that the credentials had to be created from the Pi connecting to the PS4. I’m too noobish to figure out how to get my Pi to do that, even with the instructions he laid out though.

Any amazing programmer out there feeling like making it easier for us plebs? :wink:

Update: Got it working after a lot of trial/error and knee-deep in code. A component that worked with one click to install would be so boss.

Creating my own version of the PS4 component that “just works” is on my todo list. Unfortunately so are a million other things :).

It might be something I get to over the Christmas period.

1 Like

I still couldn’t get mine to work… In the hassio add on panel the PS4 waker add on logs say:
starting version 3.2.2
Listening on 0.0.0.0:3031

Any ideas why it doesn’t work?

Have you tried all these steps?:

does this work on the latest hass io?

I had docker get corrupted randomly (not HASS’s fault) and I’ll have to re-install to test it, but it should still work. Anybody else have input for HASS.IO 0.68.1?

thanks… ill give it a try then… can it run apps and stuff?

I just re-installed it and it works fine :+1: I can power on and off my PS4, launch games from HASS.IO, and see when the PS4 is “idle”, “off”, or in-game. I’m running 0.68.1. Games/apps need to be run first on the PS4 before they’ll populate in the PS4 HASS.IO menu. Artwork is still not really working.

ps I’m using my old .ps4-wake.credentials.json file (from when I installed on a previous version of HASS.IO, this shouldn’t make any difference, but just highlighting that in case anybody else can’t get credentials files with HASS.IO 0.68.1)

That’s actually awesome! I’ll have to give it a try! Does it only work when the PS4 is in rest mode? Or completely turned off too?
And does it have to be ethernet hardwired?

I have mine on an Ethernet cable, but can’t remember if it works with the PS4’s WiFi (pretty sure it does). It wakes the PS4 from being “off” (rest mode), but not from being completely off.

I like this component because it allows HASS to know when I want my room lights dimmed (whenever I’m playing a game or using an app - the only apps I use are Netflix or amazon video)

Thanks… that seems like exactly what I want it to do… And I’m sure I can get ethernet hooked up if needed…

ok so ive come across another few issues, and im wondering if you can help me… Ive created a script that switches the input to a specific game (fortnite in this case) and it works when the ps4 has been turned on. but if the ps4 is turned off, all it does is turn the ps4 on… im thinking maybe its a delay issue?

Another issue, when in a game, i cant switch to another game, as it asks if i want to quit the current game on screen.

Any ideas how i can overcome these issues?

Thanks
Gershy13

Ok it works great! It is possible to run specific game by automations.yaml and webhook ?