Publish some datas from HA on a website?

Hi

I use HA for my home automation but also some weather stations and cameras. I’d like to publish some of these datas on my own internet website, hosted outside my LAN on Internet (wordpress based) but I don’t find an easy way to do that and none documentation about this. Any idea how to do that ? The best would be that HA pushes information to my website to reduce at maximum security issues or problems :wink:

Thanks

Vincèn

Use the api.

You could use something like this (a bit exotic approach): Writting sensors' values to Google Sheets and then query the sheets

Other than that you can run a local script which queries the HA API and pushes your data via REST or as file (FTP) or directly to your DB (if it is reachable outside the hosting environment)

Or you could push the sensor change via REST but then you need to add an action for every sensor you’d like to push

oki but hoped for a more easy and ready solution than to implement a complete system for communication between HA and my website :slight_smile:

thanks but if I use HA it’s not to go back with GAFA :smiley:

Thanks for suggestion and ideas, but unhappy too complicated for me to implement ! I would prefer something more easy to implement :smiley:

No other ideas on how to implement that easily ? I’d like basically to share some weather variables from HA on my website (running wp !!) !

Thanks

if you’re planning to publish it on your website, google’s gonna get it anyway, and why not if you’re making it public?

For heaven’s sake you have been given the answer, use the api.

2 Likes

Setup destination server to allow MySQL connections from your HA external IP address. Setup automation to run mysql update query against destination DB.

Can web host accept SSH connections from your external IP/CNAME? If so, setup scheduled shell script to pull data from HA via CURL

Vincen, did you find a solution?

I would like to publish some température values, on a simple HTML page for example.

The best would be to have a history graph (PNG)…

Unhappy not, I wanted like you post some sensors values but all ways to do it are way too complicated or implies some security issues :frowning:

I should have used the integration with google sheet an then add google script that you bublished as a webapp. Then enbedd this on your homepage or why not use google site and embedd this webapp.
Here one guide

Thanks for suggestion but sorry if I use HA it’s not for going with crappy Google stuffs :rofl:

Hi. Bit late perhaps, but I wanted the same thing and tested a while with the rss_feed_template integration and that gave me the idea to make my own html_page integration. I now have my 12 year old Ipad show some values

So it can be done.
By the way: I used the rss_feed_template to build my own one, with more fields. And that allowes me to show 2 different instanses on HA on the same old browser:

Thanks for your post but there is a confusion. I’m looking as subject of thread indicates it to publish HA datas on a public website not on some devices in LAN :slight_smile: