Push Notifications now available!

yup that should work, we had issues where some users were not able to see new notification features and they needed to start fresh with the app as one of the internal URL’s was not updating without it.

All examples you see on the docs site are current and should work.

What an amazing work people. Home Assistant is limitless. This is the future. A colaborative future. Thanks a lot for this incredible software.

So I’ve set some actionable items on my notifications which all work fine, but I’ve noticed that after clicking one of the button options, the notification doesn’t go away, it will remain there until you swipe away

It never done this before when the actions first came out, anyone else having this issue?

We’re you able to get this working from MotionEye? no dice here.

Successfully get a message, but no image is produced.

Using an example jpg from the internet works like a champ, its something to do with the URL from nabucasa. If you open a private window and try pasting your URL, you will get an unauthorized response.

you can always use the camera API to send a snapshot directly from HA and it will handle the authorization part for you.

This section will explain how it works in more details: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/notification-attachments

Yeah, MotionEye is basically duplicating that function. Would love for those functions to stay within MotionEye, but doesn’t seem like HassIO can read from it directly.

No luck unfortunately.

I couldn’t get this to work either and ended up lodging an issue on Github. Using low resolution RPi cameras works, but not with high res CCTV cameras. The snapshot service just creates empty image files

Thats odd because I can take snapshots from my 4k camera and they load just fine. It must be a timeout you are hitting of some sort. What happens if you take the snapshot and save it to www folder and use /local/image.jpg for the service call? does it load then?

Edit: also don’t see your issue in the android repo

Can’t write /local/test_image.jpg, no access to path!

The issue was lodged against HA because it seemed to be an issue with HA directly, not the app

1 Like

oh you need to white list the path and it should also be /config/www/image.jpg you use /local/ to reference it to the outside world.

Remember /config/ depends on your HA install, for me in a venv its in /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/.....

I thought that www was already / automatically whitelisted?

when I used /config/ww/image.jpg I got:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140463202165648
Integration: websocket_api (documentation, issues)
First occured: 9:21:50 AM (1 occurences)
Last logged: 9:21:50 AM

a bytes-like object is required, not ‘NoneType’

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 134, in handle_call_service connection.context(msg), File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1230, in async_call await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call)) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1253, in _execute_service await handler.func(service_call) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 198, in handle_service self._platforms.values(), func, call, required_features File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 402, in entity_service_call future.result() # pop exception if have File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 590, in async_request_call await coro File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 433, in _handle_entity_call await result File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/init.py”, line 648, in async_handle_snapshot_service await hass.async_add_executor_job(_write_image, snapshot_file, image) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/init.py”, line 645, in _write_image img_file.write(image_data) TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not ‘NoneType’

interesting which camera integration is this?

just the generic camera.

- platform: generic
    still_image_url: "rtsp://192.168.0.102:554/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture"
    stream_source: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554"
    name: Front Door

doing that last snapshot created a file with 0 bytes

maybe try adding the username and password to the still image URL?

Who would I code that in? The docs don’t mention it
EDIT: I will try as separate lines

it would be like still_image_url: "rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture"

I just tried it, got the same error and same empty file (0 bytes)

are you sure thats the correct URL? does it work in VLC or another program? Normally the snapshot URL’s I see are http and can be viewable in a browser

That still image URL opens the live stream in VLC…

The URL’s are from the Hikvision website

I think that is your issue right there. Looking at this PDF from hikvision I would say try changing rtsp to http for still_image_url. Test this in a browser and make sure the snapshot works, once it works there the service call will work as expected.