Push Notifications stopped working after upgrade to 0.31

Fixed. Restart apps.

1 Like

Bingo!! It works, nicely done Robbert :slight_smile:

Notifications good here too now, but (sorry) notifications with map coordinates seem to just sit with the loading map spinner.

Cheers

Hi @robbiet480 can you tell me more about your iOS notifications (or point me to the info)? I’m looking through component documentation but can’t find anything.
Thx
JP

Check out the awesome new docs.

Brilliant - can’t wait for the release!
Looks like I’ll then be able to turn off locative and Telegram too!
Will have to save up for a proper SSL cert tho :slight_smile:
JP

Let’s Encrypt is all you need!

Hi,

I am having same issue in 0.31.1 with latest iOS app version (1.0 (46) from 26th October), this is what I get on notification service call:

16-10-31 13:02:31 homeassistant.core: BusHandler:Exception doing job
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1221, in job_handler
    func(*args)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1075, in execute_service
    service_handler.func(service_call)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 111, in notify_message
    notify_service.send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/ios.py", line 103, in send_message
    log_rate_limits(target, req.json())
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/ios.py", line 28, in log_rate_limits
    rate_limits = resp["rateLimits"]
KeyError: 'rateLimits'

ios.conf seems to be ok, I tried to reinstall app, reset settings, but nothing helps. In app all components are shown loaded.

That KeyError means that there is a problem on the server side with processing your notification. Can you please send me the notification payload you are using and I can find it in the error logs?

Were there maybe any changes on server side over the night? Today my notifications are suddenly working again, I haven’t change anything in my Homeassistant config over the night.

Sorry, there was one change - I updated iOS from 10.1 to 10.1.1.

Yes I found a little bug last night that I fixed just before going to sleep so I failed to alert you. Sorry about that.

No problem, thank you for the quick solution :slight_smile:

Today I got the same error when it always used to work…

Error while executing automation automation.someone_home. Unknown error for call_service at pos 1: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/automation/__init__.py", line 380, in action
    await script_obj.async_run(variables, context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 131, in async_run
    await self._handle_action(action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 210, in _handle_action
    action, variables, context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 299, in _async_call_service
    context=context
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 88, in async_call_from_config
    domain, service_name, service_data, blocking=blocking, context=context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1138, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1160, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 117, in async_notify_message
    await notify_service.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/notify.py", line 103, in send_message
    log_rate_limits(self.hass, target, req.json())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ios/notify.py", line 23, in log_rate_limits
    rate_limits = resp["rateLimits"]
KeyError: 'rateLimits'

Not sure what it could be. Haven’t changed any settings. Am installing new version 0.91.1 and hope it might have a fix, but not sure as nothing is mentioned in the release notes.

0.91.1 effectively did not solve the issue. not sure what it can be…

This is related to the beta, and this thread is also very old, please use the beta testing thread!