Home Assistant Community

Push Notifications stopped working after upgrade to 0.31

I’m sure I just missed something in the documentations when I did the upgrade, but I can’t figure out what.
After the upgrade my push notifications won’t work.

I just upgraded as usual and removed the whole custom_components folder, what else do I need todo?
Is it something with the token I missed?

0 Likes

I am see this too - I have reverted to pushover for now.

0 Likes

Same, mine stopped working as well.

0 Likes

Can you all confirm that the notify.ios platform is loaded?

I believe there is a pretty bad bug in the component which I am currently working on resolving. It may manifest itself as failing to send push notifications.

0 Likes

I can confirm mine is loaded and this is the error I get.

16-10-23 22:44:56 homeassistant.core: BusHandler:Exception doing job
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1221, in job_handler
func(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1075, in execute_service
service_handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 111, in notify_message
notify_service.send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/ios.py", line 77, in send_message
rate_limits = req.json()["rateLimits"]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
0 Likes

That was… not the bug I was expecting to see haha. Easy to fix though, and I think it’s an entirely server side bug so no need to do a point release.

However, the big bug I mentioned above will require a point release. I expect that it will go out later today and the new iOS build after that.

0 Likes

Okay, this problem has now been fixed on the server. I forgot to add an else condition to break out of some logic causing the system to just freeze and eventually timeout. Apologies!

1 Like

Mine still dosen’t work and I can’t even see any errors in the home-assistant.log? In the app all three boxes are ticked so that looks correct too?

What have I missed?

0 Likes

Indeed…notifications are not working after the update. I deleted the files in the custom_components. Here’s my notify entry in the configuration.yaml and here’s the ios entry. Also, just to confirm the notify/ios platform is loaded and there are no errors in the log (when I try to send a notification using Developer tools).

Let me know what else needs to be changed.

0 Likes

Have anyone figure out how to get it working again?

0 Likes

I think the push notificaiins will be broken until the new version of the beta is pushed out. Until then let’s trust Robbie’s work and be patient.

0 Likes

@iambendick probably so, but it looked like it it’s working for some?

0 Likes

Removed instructions on manually converting. Just upgrade to the latest build and ensure the new component (ios, added in 0.31.1) is running.

0 Likes

Screw it. New build going out right now.

1 Like

Haha, I had opened a ssh session before I even read half your previous post :stuck_out_tongue:
Guess I’ll wait a few min then :slight_smile:

0 Likes

New build installed, I still need to update the config file, right?

0 Likes

No. A new one will be saved for you assuming that the ios component is loaded.

0 Likes

Hum, now the asays PUSH TOKEN: Not registred for remote notifications?

0 Likes

Try a reinstall.

0 Likes

Identified a bug. Luckily I can fix it entirely server side. Give it a few minutes then restart your apps and it should work.

0 Likes