Push Notifications stopped working after upgrade to 0.31

I’m sure I just missed something in the documentations when I did the upgrade, but I can’t figure out what.
After the upgrade my push notifications won’t work.

I just upgraded as usual and removed the whole custom_components folder, what else do I need todo?
Is it something with the token I missed?

I am see this too - I have reverted to pushover for now.

Same, mine stopped working as well.

Can you all confirm that the notify.ios platform is loaded?

I believe there is a pretty bad bug in the component which I am currently working on resolving. It may manifest itself as failing to send push notifications.

I can confirm mine is loaded and this is the error I get.

16-10-23 22:44:56 homeassistant.core: BusHandler:Exception doing job
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1221, in job_handler
func(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1075, in execute_service
service_handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 111, in notify_message
notify_service.send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/ios.py", line 77, in send_message
rate_limits = req.json()["rateLimits"]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

That was… not the bug I was expecting to see haha. Easy to fix though, and I think it’s an entirely server side bug so no need to do a point release.

However, the big bug I mentioned above will require a point release. I expect that it will go out later today and the new iOS build after that.

Okay, this problem has now been fixed on the server. I forgot to add an else condition to break out of some logic causing the system to just freeze and eventually timeout. Apologies!

1 Like

Mine still dosen’t work and I can’t even see any errors in the home-assistant.log? In the app all three boxes are ticked so that looks correct too?

What have I missed?

Indeed…notifications are not working after the update. I deleted the files in the custom_components. Here’s my notify entry in the configuration.yaml and here’s the ios entry. Also, just to confirm the notify/ios platform is loaded and there are no errors in the log (when I try to send a notification using Developer tools).

Let me know what else needs to be changed.

Have anyone figure out how to get it working again?

I think the push notificaiins will be broken until the new version of the beta is pushed out. Until then let’s trust Robbie’s work and be patient.

@iambendick probably so, but it looked like it it’s working for some?

Removed instructions on manually converting. Just upgrade to the latest build and ensure the new component (ios, added in 0.31.1) is running.

Screw it. New build going out right now.

1 Like

Haha, I had opened a ssh session before I even read half your previous post :stuck_out_tongue:
Guess I’ll wait a few min then :slight_smile:

New build installed, I still need to update the config file, right?

No. A new one will be saved for you assuming that the ios component is loaded.

Hum, now the asays PUSH TOKEN: Not registred for remote notifications?

Try a reinstall.

Identified a bug. Luckily I can fix it entirely server side. Give it a few minutes then restart your apps and it should work.