Push Temperature/Humidity to PRTG

Hello Community,

i try to push my temperature and humidity values to PRTG. There is also a nice video about exactly this use case here and the github page here

I created a automation for each nodemcu that will push the data to prtg every 2 minutes…then i realized the issue…every time the automation runs, the one value is correct but the others are zero…which doesn’t look good in the graphs.

- id: '159999999999'
  alias: PRTG Temperature Bath
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - minutes: /2
    platform: time_pattern
  condition: []
  action:
  - data_template:
      sensor_name: Bath Temperature
      value: '{{ states.sensor.bath_temp.state | int }}'
    service: rest_command.prtg
  mode: single

Then i noticed at the PRTG sensor description this:

If you use this sensor with multiple channels, we recommend that you simultaneously push the data for all your channels to PRTG. You can push data to only one of your channels but, in this case, all other channels record the value of 0 for this push message.

So the question is, how can i send all sensor values at once? i tried to add another sensor_name and value in the data_template but that doesn’t work.

I watched some videos and search around but i can’t figure out how to do this!? Maybe someone has an idea :slight_smile:

What are your other sensor entity ids and what format is expected by PRTG, json?

Sensor.bath_temp
Sensor.bath_humi
Sensor.kitchen_temp
Sensor.kitchen_humi and so on.

Yes prtg expect json. When I understand it correct, the first (Sensor_name) is the channel name and the second (value) is the value.

There are some examples here: https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/templating/#tofrom-json